Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

March 12, 2011

Humility, Revisited

I don't have a lot to write at this particular time.  But my Tweet feed this morning put humility in perspective for me.  I LOVE it when I find new ways to find meaning in the virtues!

The quote was from my CSLewis twitter feed and here it is:

Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less.

Wow!  When I pray that Litany of Humility, I often get hung up on the fact that I feel like I need to think of myself as dirt or something.  Everyone else is better than me.  But now, it puts a whole new perspective on it.  It's that I need to think of OTHERS more than I think about myself!

And now, as I read and pray through each line of the Litany, and I look at it more as..."don't love myself so much, but love others."  Or, "don't desire to be esteemed and made to feel worthy...but esteem OTHERS and make OTHERS feel worthy."

Wow.  I love it.

Have a blessed weekend!

5 comments:

  1. That's a great quote, thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent - thanks for sharing this, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's certainly a good way to put it and think of it.

    Tonight, I hope you are thinking of the Longhorns and of their sadness, esteeming them to get a decent seed in the tourney. ;) Rock Chalk, friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)