Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

March 29, 2011

What's Going On Wednesday

What IS going on on Wednesday?  I have no idea...but it sounded good for a title.  :)

And okay...so I'm hitting "publish" on Tuesday night...but you get the idea.  

First - This weekend, Sarah and Dani got their ears pierced.  It was a good time to do it because we're far enough out from volleyball and basketball season (when they'd have to take the earrings out for games) that they can keep the earrings in for the needed time to establish the piercings.  They were so good!  Dani didn't even cry (although on the way out when I told her how impressed I was, she said, "Well, Mom, I did ALMOST cry.")  And Sarah didn't get upset either, although she acknowledged it was a bit more than a pinch.  

Second - Dominic's leg is healed!  Funny story:  Dominic had walked around on his leg with no noticeable limp the entire weekend before his follow-up.  Even his babysitter commented on how well he was doing.  We arrived at Children's Mercy for the follow up at the orthopedic clinic and he immediately began limping and saying, "leh---huww, Mama."  (Leg Hurt, Mama)  It was hilarious.  He put on his act all the way through the x-ray and the consult with the doctor.  Too funny.  My little drama-man.

Third - Helen has started reading little bits!  It's so much fun to hear her sound out the words.  I cannot begin to describe the thrill I get from my children learning to read.

Fourth - My husband is awesome.  Last week, he kept the laundry up all through the week and I didn't have to do any this weekend.  I couldn't believe it and I am so grateful.  I know I need to pitch in and do the laundry some, too, but it was so nice not to have 6 piles of laundry on Sunday.

Finally - I am 26 weeks!  Omgosh!  And I gotta tell ya...I am HUGE!  Okay, maybe not HUGE.  Maybe HUGE.  Maybe.  Anyway, I had my glucose tolerance test on Monday and I hope to find out the results on Thursday (my doc isn't in the office on Wednesdays).  I am trying to get up to swim on Wednesday and Thursday mornings and Saturday mornings and Sundays if I can make it.  But it's kind of hard.  Pretty soon, Track meets will take up my Saturday mornings for a few weeks, so that swim won't happen.  And I am more exhausted every day.  I think the third trimester exhaustion sets in a little earlier as I get older.

I hope you're having a fabulous week.  I hope I haven't been too much of a downer this week with my topics.  This will probably be my last post before I go live with my new look.  I'm really excited and be sure to stop by because I will be doing a giveaway!

3 comments:

  1. I remember getting my ears pierced for the first time. It's like a rite of passage!

    So glad that Dominic's leg is all better!

    I'm sure you are not huge! I bet you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dominic cracks me up! I can't wait to see your new look!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Dominic's leg is healed!

    My daughter is starting to read too (our oldest) and it *is* thrilling!

    You haven't been a downer, don't worry. *hugs* :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)