Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

April 8, 2011

7 Quick Takes (2)


Good Morning!  It's Friday!  Jen at Conversion Diary hosts 7 Quick Takes Friday.  Go visit her for more!

-1-

I am heading into my 3rd trimester of this pregnancy.  I think that's incredible.  This pregnancy seems to be flying by.  I'm sure it's due to the fact that I don't have much down-time, but seriously...where. has. it. gone????  We don't have the crib up in Dominic's room yet. And maybe it's the fact taht it's the 5th baby or maybe some other reason, but I'm not freaking out about the fact that all my baby clothese are still packed away in the boxes my sister brought them to me in and I haven't been stocking up size 1 diapers or formula yet.  I seem to have the attitude that it will get done whenever it gets done and if the crib isn't up when the baby comes, we'll get it up at some point.  Ah...the laid back feeling of been there, done that, right?

-2-

Lent.  Can you believe we are two weeks away from Good Friday?  I love Lent, but I gotta say, this delayed season and late Easter has kind of gotten on my nerves.  I think I like it better when Easter falls early April.  My kids will only have four weeks of school left after Easter!  That's crazy! 

But anyway...how is Lent going?  I have to say that I have had a hard time staying focused this Lent.  I started reading The Virtue Driven Life by Father Benedict Groeschel...and I like it, but I am halfway through and have no motivation to pick it back up.  We HAVE made theWednesday night masses at our parish, as a family, so I am happy about that.  I made it confession, although I'm tempted to go again.  I love going to confession.  I'm avoided meat on Fridays...but as for my other intentions, I've just really mailed it in I feel like.  Oh well, I pick up every day and think, "Well, I'll try to do better today..."

-3-

I am coaching Track for 4th - 6th graders at our school.  The team is comprised of kids from our parish school, and two other schools.  This has been a different coaching challenge than the volleyball.  With volleyball, you have just 8 or 9 girls and it's easier to keep the whining from hitting crescendo with a smaller number.  There are about 20-25 kids for track and when one starts half-assing on the runs and whining, it quickly escalates to half of the kids doing it.  Thankfully, the lady helping me out is a physical education teacher who is strong on "tough-love" and lower on the empathy scale than I am who had no problem talking these kids' language.  But man, it really wears me out!  And I feel bad for the ones who are perfectly willing to do the things we ask them to, but end up having to do pushups because the other half of the kids can't stop whining/talking/jacking around/whatever it is.

-4-

The Swimming.  I was doing pretty good at getting my swim workout in at least twice and sometimes four times a week.  But, I have been so. TIRED.  Third trimester fatigue set in a little early, I think, which means my patience is very short.  I feel so bad for my kids at this point.  It doesn't take much to set me off and I don't go WAY off, but I might yell or snap or snark.  Perhaps being busy and away from them is good.  Anyway, swimming is about to be over with, I think.  I was getting in good long swims on Saturday mornings, but now we have track meets on Saturday mornings.  By the time I *can* go again, I probably won't want to go anymore.

-5-

Sarah wants to go to Challenge Camp this summer.  I want Sarah to go to Challenge Camp this summer.  But I will miss her!  It's in St. Louis.  They have daily Mass and Adoration plus all sorts of other activities.  Sarah has really enjoyed being in Challenge this year. 

-6-

Our priest has agreed to say a special Mass during NFP Awareness week!  It will be on a Monday, which isn't my favorite choice necessarily, BUT...it is July 25 which is the anniversary of Pope Paul VI's Encyclical Humanae Vitae and we're calling it a Humanae Vitae Mass.  I kind of got chosen from the Respect Life group to call and ask him about doing it and therefore...you guessed it...I'm in charge of it.  I don't mind necessarily but now I am worried if it won't be successful.  Of course, stuff like this is always in the hands of the Holy Spirit.  Aren't we coming up soon (in May??) on a Novena to the Holy Spirit?  May have to have a special intention there.

-7-

Names.  We are considering names for our baby boy.  This has been difficult for me.  Once I settled on Dominic for a boy name when we were pregnant with Helen, I knew that if I ever was blessed with a boy, his name would be Dominic.  For Dominic, the middle name was the more difficult part of deciding his name.  Now...we have the middle name figured out for this little guy, but we have not settled on a boy name.  We are between two choices and really they were both put forth by my husband.  I, on the other hand, have been woefully inept at coming up with a name for this little boy.  Since I can't seem to come up with anything different, I must consider the choices my husband had suggested. 

I like both of the names.  One of them is a fairly unique name (although lately I have read two commenters on blogs who refer to a son by this name!) and the other is more common in Catholic circles.  The first does not lend itself to nickname...which I like!  The second, unfortunately, does lend itself to a nickname that I really don't care for but my husband does not mind.

I suppose time will tell.  Perhaps I'll get some great inspiration for a completely different name.  Or maybe we'll grow to like one of these two names over the other.  This is almost as hard as naming Sarah was! 

I hope you have a great weekend!!

PS:  Don't forget about my Giveaway! I will post the winner Monday morning!  :)



3 comments:

  1. Whoa, already the third trimester?! It has flown by!

    And the HV mass sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it does has something to do with haveing done it all before, I have a month to go and I just got my birth pool today. I haven't washed baby clothes or gotten daipers yet.

    I hear you on the fatigue thing, I have bene exhausted! And it's taken me until just the last few weeks to start to be OK with being woefully subpar in my performance levels. We can never settle on a boys name either, we had literally 8 girls names picked out from before we ever had a baby (first and middle names) but we still haven't settled on a boys name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6 - Love it! I'm hoping to meet with our priest in the next couple of weeks to talk about NFP Awareness week - I may have to pick your brain :).

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)