Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

April 12, 2011

A Time to Share

I verified that Sarah completed her homework last night.  This is not something I do every night.  Many times, Craig has completed the homework tasks and verification before I get home.  This is especially true on Monday and Wednesday nights, when we have track practice.  But, last night, I checked it over for Sarah.  

As I verified all was completed (I didn't check the correctness of her work, however, I've got my limits!) I saw she had a stack of papers in her folder and asked if they needed to be returned to school.  Sarah said "no" so I went through them.  There were spelling papers...a math paper on which she received a fairly low grade (and she reminded me I already knew about that one, LOL) and then...there was this:


As I read, it was all I could do to keep the tears from spilling over (hormone-impacted as I am, these days).  

In case you are unable to read it, it says:

"Heaven is more beautiful than the big Christmas tree at Zona Rosa.
Heaven is more awesome than going to Disney World.
Heaven sounds more fun than going on a plane by myself to New Jersey.
Heaven feels like getting another sibling and being loved forever."

Okay, so surely it's obvious that last line is the one that got to me most.  

One of the things I've grappled with throughout this pregnancy has been how Sarah *really* feels about it.  She's never expressed that she feels anything but joy and happiness over the impending arrival of another sibling when we are around.  It absolutely fills my heart with love for my little girl that even with an open page to write, she expresses that getting another sibling feels like Heaven.  

Wow.  I just can't even put into words how I feel right now, how I felt last night.  

I should never have tried.

I know I've written it before and I know I will have many reasons to write it again.

The Lord blesses me over and above my greatest needs and desires every day. 

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... that is simply beautiful! Those words made me tear up, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tears in my eyes too. How beautiful that your young daughter can recognize God's blessings for your family. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me among those with tears in my eyes. Your Sarah is one amazing girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so precious. It reminds me of how much I love every little sibling I have, it really is forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so, so sweet. :) I can't cry right now...I'm at the library, for goodness sake!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so beautiful! I love moments when they show that they "get it." I think that's why I like the older ages more than the toddler "I can't quite communicate" stage.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)