Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

June 17, 2011

7 Quick Takes (5)


A huge thanks to Jen at Conversion Diary for hosting this each Friday! 

-1-
Dominic is a sweet boy.  I know he gets it from his dad.  A couple of weeks ago, Helen got dolled up in a sundress (brown and white checkerboard pattern with pink ribbon belt), her sandals and did her hair before coming down for breakfast.  Dom was sitting in his chair eating his Pop Tart and when he saw her, he said, "Awww, Cute He-wen!"  Then, Helen started attending the same babysitter with Dominic two days a week and on her first day, she was a little unsure about the whole thing.  My sweet boy walked over to her, grabbed her hand saying, "Come on, He-wen!" and led her up to the door.  Of course, she's been happy to go since.  But it was sweet to see him taking care of his sister.  This morning, they were waiting for me to get ready to go to the daycare and he just went up to Helen and gave her a big hug.  He's going to be such a great big brother!

-2-
My doc DID tell me he wanted to schedule an ultrasound at my 37-week check-up yesterday.  I told him I would schedule it for the following week.  It's kind of funny, then, we'll have it 2 days before I am 39 weeks...so, at least it won't be the cause of me being induced too early.  He also asked if I wanted him to do a cervical check.  I said, "Ummm, no."  LOL  One thing that is really awesome about going through this the 5th time is that I know I don't need an ultrasound to tell me my baby is big and I know I don't need a cervical check to tell me I'm all closed up and not at all effaced. 

-3-
Dani has been taking swimming lessons the last two weeks every day.  I think she's done great, but she was a little upset that she didn't pass her level.  I was ecstatic about everything she COULD do.  She was upset about everything she COULDN'T do.  Funny how that works.  I told her that it was okay, she would be in the same level next two weeks and maybe work really hard on the things she had trouble with and she can pass that level in two weeks!

-4-
Sarah will be taking swimming lessons next week at the same time...one level up.  I hope that goes well.  Sarah really needs help on stroke development.  So, I hope that works out for her.

-5-
My job is no more enjoyable than it was a couple of weeks ago when I mentioned it.  Guess what I'm planning to do for the last 10 weeks of my maternity leave?  Anyone reading this who has ideas of jobs I could apply for where the hours are flexible, the work is challenging, the people are cool...please pass along that info.

-6-
My grandmother has been in the hospital.  Any prayers you could spare for her would be greatly appreciated.  I sent some flowers that should arrive today.  I feel bad that I've been so busy that I haven't written to her or called her in a long time.  I have pictures of Dominic that I haven't sent out to anyone either.  We've just been so busy!

-7-
Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there, including my own!  What are you doing for Father's Day?  Craig will have to work and that means he'll have to sleep most of the day.  I think we'll go purchase our iPad2 on Sunday (or maybe on Saturday so it'll be available to play with on Sunday).  Originally, this purchase was supposed to be for me...but I think it's more of a family gift and Craig will enjoy it immensely, too.  If I weren't 9 months pregnant, I'd mow the lawn for him.  Sarah's not quite big/strong enough to handle the lawn mower yet.  So, poor Craig will most likely have to do that this weekend. 

For the record, my husband is the absolute best father for my children.  They are so blessed to have such an involved, caring, loving man for their dad.

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)