Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

July 22, 2011

7 Quick Takes (7)


It's Friday and there are lots of things going on for us this weekend!  It is very hot here in the midwest...how is your weather?  A big thanks to Jen at Conversion Diary for hosting 7 Quick Takes this week and every week!

-1-
Vincent is three weeks old!  He commemorated the event by allowing a picture to be taken of him with his eyes open!  See?
Isn't he cute?  (Of course he is!)

-2-
Vincent will be baptized after the 10:30 a.m. Mass on Sunday.  I can't wait!  This is the soonest we have ever been able to schedule the baptism of one of our children...usually they are six weeks old,  But this worked out well.  Unfortunately, it's so soon that I am really bummed about my options for what I have to wear and how I will look.  But...*sigh*...I usually don't start getting *MY* (read: familiar) shape back until at least 6-8 weeks.  Oh well.  In matters of my child's eternal soul, guess that ought to take back seat.  (duh)

-3-
My Aunt Bea turns 100 this year on December 31 (God willing).  Since that is a horrible time to travel, our family put together a celebration to take place Saturday.  It should be great fun.  We will get to see lots of family and celebrate an extra-special woman!
-4-
Sunday is also the 12th anniversary of my wedding to the love of my life.  I can't seem to find words this year to express properly how completely wonderful my husband is.  Or how Craig is proof that God was watching out for me during all of my years of...well, let's just call them my lost early-adult years, shall we?  And I am amazed how intensely my love for my husband grows every time we have another baby and I watch how he takes care of all of us.  My husband is a rock and he gives our family a strong, solid foundation in just about every way.

-5-
I just finished reading Fatherless by Brian J. Gail.  Not only is it well-written with characters you care about, but there's so much reality to what is going on in the story.  It explores, from the lay person's side of things, some critical issues with the Catholic Church in America.  If you haven't read it...please do so!

-6-
My husband wants me to read this next:
He swears it's a quick read and he really enjoyed it.  Have any of you read this book?  I'll let you know what I think.

However, I also picked up......................"Motherless" by Brian J. Gail today at our Catholic book store.  It's a continuation of the story started in "Fatherless" with the same characters.

But, since "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother" is a library book...I guess it will be first.

-7-
Back to the baptism on Sunday, since I just got a phone call.  Wow, I think we're going to have quite a crowd.  I didn't expect lots of people to drive up from Ottawa, KS (that's where the party is on Saturday for my Aunt Bea) to come, especially the older people with the heat and all.  But it seems even Aunt Bea will come up for it.  This makes me happy.  I do hope the heat won't be a horrible problem.

Have a great weekend!!

7 comments:

  1. Baptisms are the high point of the whole birth experience, as far as I'm concerned...congratulations!

    I was thinking of you a few minutes ago as I was running. I so sympathize with you about the body shape. My 20-year class reunion is sometime next summer or fall, and all I can think is ohmigosh, I'm still going to be nursing, there's no way I'm going to look slim and trim as I want to! (Vanity is a terrible thing. ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baptism is great; and I'm glad to hear that so many people will be able to make the celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful weekend!
    Happy Baptism! Happy (anticipated) Birthday!
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying for your beautiful Vincent during my 10:30 mass on Sunday.

    How wonderful to put that together for your grandmother.

    I'm adding all three books you mentioned to my reading list!

    I'm sure you will look beautiful, Michelle. Remember YOU are. YOU are a soul, not a body. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time this weekend - such a blessed weekend of love, family, and faith!

    Fatherless and Motherless are on my list - but I think Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother might just be my next Kindle purchase; it sounds like a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vincent is adorable! (I think he looks kind of like Helen?) and Congratulations on his baptism. I haven't read the "Tiger Mother", but I've heard mixed reviews, and that it can sound pretty performance oriented.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Because I've heard about Aunt Bea for the last 3 years, I feel like she's my family too. :) 100...what a wonderful celebration. And congrats on Vincent's baptism. I'm happy to see you've been finding time to blog. I hope you're relaxing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)