Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

July 13, 2011

That Was a Fast 2 Weeks!

I took Vincent in for his first check-up with our family physician this morning.  I guess this 2-week check is mainly to make sure the baby is gaining weight and see how the feeding/pooping/peeing schedule is panning out.  I don't remember taking the other kids in for it, but I imagine I did.  

Vincent is doing a swell job of growing!

He was born and was 8 lb 10 oz and now he is 8 lb 14 oz!  He is eating very well (usually about 2.5 ounces at a time, but sometimes 3.5 ounces) and having lots of wet and poopy diapers. 



Get this!  Last night, Vincent finally went down in his crib around 11:30 p.m. and he slept until 4:45 a.m. this morning!  I have been setting my alarm every three hours in case I don't hear him and when I checked on him at 3:00 a.m. he was still sleeping away.  So I gave myself another hour...checked and still sleeping.  Finally at 4:45 I heard him crying and went and got him.  He didn't eat much at that time and went back into his crib around 5:10 or so and slept until about 7:15.  So, he's doing pretty well in the sleep department.  

Lest any new mom reading this get worried...my babies are all good sleepers.  I think they get it from their dad who can zonk out anywhere, anytime for any length of time.  I had my trials with Sarah and Helen with sleeping when they were little, but am happy that my boys (and Dani, too) seem to take after their daddy in the sleep department.

I know it will seem like I will blink and it will be time to take Vincent in for his 2-month well-child visit.  It all goes so fast.

Oh!  and because I just LOVE baby feet:

2 comments:

  1. Funny you mention the sleeping thing. Annamarie sleeps at least 4 hours at a time at night. The first time she did that out of the hospital I woke Steve up at 2 hours and was like, "Do I wake her up??" I got so worried that she needed to eat. But now we just let her do her thing and feed her when she gets fussy. Besides, I function so much better on 4 hour increments of sleep than 2.

    So I'm glad to hear that it's okay for babies to sleep longer periods of time. In the hospital they stressed waking your baby up to eat, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me if your baby is healthy and otherwise eating normally. Annamarie must take after her dad as well since he sleeps so much compared to me :)

    And I love the picture of Vincent, I always love that little froggy pose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everything is going well. Congrats on all the sleep!

    I love baby feet too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)