Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

August 3, 2011

The 2-year-old wins (for now)

Mommy:  "Dominic, you stink!  Let's go upstairs and Mommy will change your diaper."

Dominic:  "I not 'tink!  Mus' chan'e my bye-per!"

(While changing said stinky diaper...)

Mommy:  "Dominic, it's time for you to stop going poopy in your diaper.  You need to go pee-pee and poopy in the potty.  This is gross.  Don't you want to wear your Toy Story 3 'Big Boy' Underwear'?"

Dominic:  "No."

Mommy:  "Do you want some Spiderman 'Big Boy' Underwear?"

Dominic:  "No."

Mommy:  "Do you want some Superman Underwear?"

Dominic:  "No."

Mommy:  "How about some Blue's Clues underwear?"

Dominic:  "No."

Mommy:  (Sighs) "Well, Dominic, what kind of underwear do you want?"

Dominic:  "I want my bye-per!"







Of course you do. 

5 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. My 3.5 year old is stubbornly refusing to poop in the toilet. Our dialogue usually goes something like this -

    William: "Mommy, I need my diaper changed."

    Me: "William, why didn't you poop on the potty?"

    William: "Because I didn't."

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too bad you don't swear like a sailor like me. :) I'm pretty sure that's how my boys got trained. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, bye-per? Cute. He'll get there, but for now, that is darn stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little guy will be 3 next month and we haven't made an inch of progress in that department. He just doesn't seem to care that much and I'm too tired to try and force it. Some day though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You moms of 3 and 3.5 year olds...I am SO hoping to get this knocked out before January (Dominic turns 3 in January) but I think I, too, am just too tired right now. I keep hoping to appeal to his brain because I'm afraid I've missed the opportunity to get this done solely because he CAN do it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)