Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

September 30, 2011

7 Quick Takes (10)


--- 1 ---

I'm using Jennifer Fulwiler's template for this post.  Very cool.  I wish I were a code-nerd or something.  I would love to pull out blog-post templates "just like that"!  Oh well, thank goodness she is and is willing to share, right?

--- 2 ---

My first full week back at work happened this week.  It's been busy.  Holy moly!  I think I got a little comfortable not having to be away from my house and my family five days a week.  I have to admit, my house is a mess!  It's difficult to stay on top of the clutter when I don't have a baby-free hour to clear it all away.  And with three kids in school...we get LOTS of clutter around here (don't tell them I said that about their precious completed-and-checked-so-why-do-I-have-to-keep-it? schoolwork).

--- 3 ---

Helen about had a fit because I was throwing a couple weeks' worth of Kindergarten papers in the recycling bin.  She thinks each of her Superkids (Kindergarten reading curriculum) books is worthy of framing...well, at the very least, she thinks they are worth a spot in my "special box" with the items she's made for me at Mother's Day or Easter or Christmas over the years.  She was rather shocked that I didn't share her opinion of her school work.

--- 4 ---

The girls and I had a really great time at the Taylor Swift concert last week.  It was a bit chilly and we were sitting way up high in Arrowhead Stadium with the wind whipping around up there.  The girls kept asking me how TS survived singing and dancing around wearing strapless formal wear in the cold.  I'm glad we took off a bit early (before it was over) because from what I heard, we might not have made it home until 1:00 a.m.  As it was, we got home just before 11 p.m.  That's plenty late for all of us.  :)
Here are some pics:














--- 5 ---

I have a new manager at work.  That is all I will say about that for now.

--- 6 ---

Vincent turns 3 months old today!  Oh my goodness!!

He is THREE.  MONTHS.  OLD.  Wow.  Oh and he's just too cute (I know, I know, I'm his mom...). 


I call this one "The two faces of Vincent."  And really, having both his pouty face and his smiley face juxtaposed on the same page is perfect.  He literally can go from one of those to the other in nothing flat...depending on what's going on.

--- 7 ---

Here is a photo of Dominic with his toy he earned for becoming completely potty trained.  Wow, I am so impressed that it took just 6 weeks or so from him deciding he was ready to go for it!!


I am really grateful for this template.  It made writing these a lot simpler than it is when I try to format the post.  So, thumbs up fo' sho'!  Have a great weekend!



For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!





4 comments:

  1. The clutter is one thing I truly do not know how you possibly manage with 5 children - I just went on a {large} freak out about our clutter, and there are only 2 of us!

    Love the girls in their shirts, what an awesome thing to share as a family (well, as a the girls in a family :)).

    Dominic looks so proud - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Dominic! Big day, indeed. Nicholas went to St. Louis yesterday in underwear, and lived to tell the tale. I'm pumped. :)

    As for clutter--omigosh, I can't imagine what it's going to be like when I have more kids in school! We dump Alex's on the sly and he's none the wiser...but he caught me at it this morning and fussed at me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you just said fo'sho' at the end! LOL

    That makes you a very cool mom taking all 3 girls to the concert. I'm not sure I could handle such a task.

    Potty training a boy really isn't so bad, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on Dominic being potty trained, and omygoodness I LOVE Vincent little pout. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)