Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

September 5, 2011

Monday Mumbles - 7

Join TOOJE and me and mumble if you like!  :)  Mumbles are just 10 little things to talk about on a Monday.  :)

1.  We had a lovely weekend here.  I enjoyed my last "long" weekend before I go back to work in a couple of weeks.  Silly to say this, but I look forward to going back to work so that *I* have a routine to get back into.  The kids are back in school.  Dom's been going to the daycare and Vincent is about to start going this week to ease into his routine.  Craig's been going to work.  I'm kind of floating around with no place I *have* to be and for me, that really just isn't the best thing.  

2.  I guess that means I probably wouldn't be that good at the stay-at-home-mom thing.  Although, I suppose if the SAHM were my actual gig, I'd be able to commit to things so that I would get into a routine.  I find that the way I am now, it's difficult to commit to anything since I know I'm going back to work in a couple of weeks.

3.  Have I mentioned that I'm organizing a 5K race for our parish in the spring?  I got a really great helper and we met a few weeks ago and then I completely dropped the ball on the next meeting.  And now, of course, volleyball games are about to start and I'm about to go back to work and I need to figure out when to meet again.  I'll put that on my TO DO list!

4.  I started running on the treadmill a couple of weeks ago.  I built up to a 5K pretty quickly.  I don't run it all that fast, but I run it.  I guess that's good.

5.  I would love to start swimming again, but I can't fit into my workout suit that I have and I don't want to buy one that won't fit in a few months.  Ugh.

6.  I completely blew my diet this weekend.  I went to the Irish festival Saturday and drank some beers.  Oh yeah and I finished Sarah's Scottish Sausage that she couldn't finish after eating a ton of funnel cake.  Then on Sunday, we attended my niece's baptism and I took part in the eating of the glorious cake they had.  Sugar/Carb overload.  Guess I better get 4 or 5 runs in this week instead of just 2 or 3.

7.  Remember when I declared that the 2-year-old had won?  Well, now we have all won!  I believe Dominic is 85% potty-trained.  :)  He has kept his pull-up clean and dry for 6 days straight.  As long as the 7th day is good, then day 8-14, we will keep track of dryness sans pull-up and just wearing his underwear.  He gets a big CARS sticker for every day he is clean/dry.  When he gets to 14 stickers in a row, he gets a CARS duplo/builder set that we have sitting up on the Mantle.  He keeps saying, "I get my toy now?"  And I just say, "Nope!  Another sticker, but you're getting closer!"  And he says, "Yay, I go potty!"  Amazing.  I just went back to pull the post to link and I see that was August 3.  It is September 5.  All of this completed in a month!  woo-hoo!!

8.  I have noticed that Dani has been completing her name on her papers.  Even when her name has been typed on a note or something, she has written the "elle" on the end to make "Dani" into "Danielle."  I asked her if she preferred to be called Danielle and she said it was okay to call her Dani.  But I bet we're not far from the request that we call her Danielle.  I wonder if she'll still let her momma call her Dani?  :)

9.  Have I mentioned I have just over 2 weeks before I have to return to work?  I have?  Oh.  Sigh.

10.  Hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day today.  The summer is coming to a close.  It's crazy to me that we are in September already.  This year is flying by as fast as the rest always have.  The older I get, the faster the time flies by.  It really is crazy to me.  Every year it seems that once Labor Day has passed, I blink and we are standing 'round the Creche at Church viewing the baby Jesus and getting ready to start a new year all over again. 





4 comments:

  1. Yay for potty training! We've finally had a LITTLE bit of success too. I've actually gotten him to go in the potty 4 times in the past week or so. It's a start at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The time def. starts to fly by, but at least the motnhs to come are the best ut of th year IMO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Up to a 5K already? That is impressive, definitely. I'm pretty sure I haven't tried to run a full 3 miles yet....I get tired and decide that sprint workouts are better.

    Sounds like Dani is playing around with her identity and the formal sound of Danielle...the grown up sound. Oh, so sad and sweet at the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's flat where you live right? Maybe I'll come run a 5k out there, just to see what it's like to run an entire 3 miles on flat ground, outside :).

    Way to go Dom!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)