Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

December 31, 2011

Happy and Blessed New Year!

It's the night before the first day of 2012.  As I sit here, I think about how I want to put forth New Year's Resolutions.  But the things I come up with are all things I've already been working on, so it really would be more of a renewed effort, I suppose.

What are your resolutions for 2012, if you have any?

1.  I resolve to finish the four or five blog posts that are sitting in draft form...a couple from 4 months ago!  And I hope I can be a bit more regular with the ideas this year.  I have a few that sit in my brain and pop up every time I'm in the shower or something.  Which is really NOT the ideal time for a good blog idea to come up.

2.  I resolve to get to the Community Center and/or do SOMEthing active four times per week.  I've already paid for a 7-week Spin class on Thursday evenings, so I need to get to the pool to swim one or two days a week and run another day a week.  That ought to do me good.

3.  I resolve to keep working toward a more people-centered/people-driven role at my job.  Hey, if I've got to have a job anyway, I figure I ought to enjoy it more than I have been.

4.  I resolve to MAKE TIME for a date night with Craig once a month.  I'm gonna have already kept this one for January this coming week, because a sitter is already hired for Tuesday night!  :)

5.  I resolve to continue to budget and begin paying much more on my student loan this year.  We have no other debt and there's no excuse for the fact that I haven't done this yet...other than I got kind of happy that we have no other debt.

There are some things I'd like to resolve to do in 2012, but that I know are failures waiting to happen:

1.  I'd like to resolve to keep my desk/office area at home neat and tidy.  But let's face it, it's my biggest clutter magnet and it's the last thing I want to do when a bed is beckoning me to sleep or a book is begging to be read.

2.  I'd like to resolve to keep my house clean.  But I have a toddler and a baby in the house...'nuff said.

3.  I'd like to resolve to go to daily Mass.  But I tried that at Advent and it lasted 2 weeks.  Work got crazy and I needed to be there early, so that little commitment went by the wayside.  I guess it's just not meant to be at this stage of my life.



Overall, in 2012, I'd like to live more fully and love more completely.  If I'm able to figure those two things out, I think I'll have a great year.


2 comments:

  1. A suggestion for #4 - hire a sitter on retainer, like a lawyer, she gets paid wether you use her or not! Will motivate you to not 'waste' the money and guarantee you a sitter.

    Happy New Year friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy and blessed New Year's to you, too! If I could make a suggestion for daily Mass, why not shoot for 1-2 days per week? I can't always make it every day, but it still helps to go more than just on Sunday, even if it's only one more day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)