Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

December 12, 2011

Monday Mumbles - 14

Happy Monday!  I have a few "mumbles" to start off the week.  If you'd like, please join TOOJE, she's usually mumbling on Mondays...at least she started it! 

1.  Dominic got his tonsils out last week.  He hasn't gone anywhere since.  Well, I take that back.  He got dragged to Mass on Thursday for the feast of the Immaculate Conception.  Father kind of scolded Craig and said that "he should be at home."  OH well, live and learn.  I think Craig was more concerned about getting the kids to Mass than himself really.  But anyway, Dominic hasn't gone anywhere else since.  I think he needed to stay home again today, so I asked Craig if he could just let him watch tv/movies in our room while he slept and I would just take Vincent to daycare.

2.  I was supposed to be off work Thursday and Friday last week.  But a death in the family of my co-supervisor left me little in the way of options.  I could have maintained my PTO schedule, but that would have been horrendous on the folks left behind to do all the work.  So, I moved my days off to this coming Thursday and Friday.  I just had to put off my Christmas shopping one more week.

3.  Friday night I felt BLAH.  Like a bad BLAH.  So on my way home from work, I grabbed some Michelob Ultra.  I haven't had a beer in forever, so I stuck to the lightest beer I know of, LOL.  But I just hung out with the kids, watched some tv and had a beer or two.  Haven't done that in a really long time.

4.  Sunday night was the first night Dominic went back into his own bed after his surgery.  He didn't really want to, but I kind of pulled out the "you need to stop being a baby now..." thing to get him to go in his own bed.  Poor l'il guy...sure has a mean mommy.  Because of course, an ninety minutes after he went to bed, he was up and in pain because we'd forgotten the pain medicine.  He needed some water and I gave him another dose of the "good stuff".  Oh and brought him into our bed...he needs his momma.

5.  Oh yeah.  ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!  My Jayhawks played MUCH better on Sunday to beat #2 ranked Ohio State!  They won by 11.  OSU's best player was out with muscle spasms or something like that.  So if he would have played, maybe KU would have only won by 2 or something.  :)

6.  I get really crazy at basketball games.  I mean, I'm hoarse today because I scratched my throat up screaming, yelling and carrying on at the game on Saturday.  I was jumping around like a crazy woman.  At halftime of the game on Saturday, Craig's mom says to me, "you should text your husband from me and tell him his wife is out of control."  So, I did.
7.  Craig's reply text:  "Tell her that's why I married her." 

8.  And KU has a new football coach.  Maybe you've heard of him?  Charlie Weiss.  I suppose there's lots of people with an opinion.  A college football coach is generally one of the few things on which I really don't have an opinion.  Hey, the KU football team can't really get all that much worse at this point, so let him try.  I'll be interested to see how it goes and hoping for some W's!

9.  We've been working on our annual DVD.  Well, 2010 was the first year we didn't send one out since we started in 2005...and boy did we hear about it!  So, we're putting one together this year.  What we do is set a slideshow of pictures of our family to music.  In the past, we've given each kid their own song.  But our thought this year was not to do that because it would be too long.  So, we picked five songs anyway...just some favorite Christmas songs...and it's plenty long.  Somehow I wonder if we shouldn't have just picked a song per kid.  But that is more work.  Anyway, now we're just trying to clean it up a bit by making sure we don't have any grainy/blurry pictures in that we don't HAVE to have and making it all fit with the music.

10.  I have read so much good stuff lately.  I haven't had time to write any of the stuff in my head.  Maybe this week...

Have a great Monday!

PS:  And it's the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe today!

PPS:  I don't think I shared this video on my blog (I know I did on Facebook).  I am putting it on our DVD, and need to find a good spot to insert it...what do you think?  stand-alone?  Or inserted in with the slideshow of pics (yes, this is an option on my Mac...)




4 comments:

  1. Helen is too cute! And I'm excited about the Jayhawks' win! I'm also impressed that you do a Christmas dvd. I haven't even managed to do cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of an annual DVD, and hanging out on a Friday night. Also, your husband hit a grand slam with his comment. Way to go, Craig! That's why we love Michelle, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's funny she told you to send the text. LOL Sweet of you to let Dom come back to bed. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)