Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

December 19, 2011

Monday Mumbles - 15

It's Monday.  So, I'm mumbling.  Checkout TOOJE at Circling the Square Table if you're interested in another mother's mumbles on Monday.

1.  Dominic is back to normal, we think.  Well, you know...whatever normal is.  He hugged on Santa at the Breakfast with Santa at his Grandma's parish yesterday.  Then he was pretty funny, cracking us up throughout the day.  And he slept in his own bed last night.  I think I'm calling it GOOD.
2.  I am 90% done with Christmas shopping.  I really hate that I only have about 3 days really to get the rest done.

3.  But 90% includes TEACHERS gifts!  yay me!  Ohh...wait, I don't have the boys' daycare present yet...well, that's in that 10%.

4.  What do you get your kids' teachers for Christmas?  This year, I got heated travel mugs (for coffee) and Quiktrip Gift Cards.

5.  I did a Spin class Saturday  morning.  I hadn't done one in 7 years.  Yes, I hurt.  Thanks for asking.

6.  My Aunt Bea was admitted to the hospital last night.  She has pneumonia.  Thank you for your continued prayers.

7.  Christmas.  6 DAYS AWAY!  (Friendly reminder)

8.  Our Christmas DVD's are done, I have 15 cards ready to go in the mail.  I still have 8 more to get ready to go in the mail.  I'll be glad when that part is done!

9.  My kids are very excited that their cousins on Craig's side of the family are coming to town for Christmas.  They cannot wait.  They are driving me nuts with their anticipation.  tee-hee.

10.  A Christmas Story.  Do you have it?  I do now.  Ha!  I don't have to watch TBS to see it this year.  I get to watch my own DVD version WITH NO COMMERCIALS!!!  

Have a great Monday!


7 comments:

  1. We bought Elanor's teacher an assortment of Godiva chocolate. I think that anyone who deals with 23 first-graders every day could always use more chocolate. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and we do have A Christmas Story! I found it at Borders during a going-out-of-business sale. I got the blu-ray version for 50% off! (Picked up blu-rays of It's a Wonderful Life" and the new "Christmas Carol" for cheap, too).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe in that 10% you can buy Craig a leg lamp!! :). I am sorry to hear about Aunt Bea, I hope she has a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used an idea from Pintrest (I'm addicted) and filled reusable plastic cups (with straws) with school supplies for my son's preschool teachers. I also made some chocolate covered pretzels for them... yum!

    We don't have A Christmas Story... and I've never seen it all the way through. Very funny considering my hubby's a HUGE movie buff and we have close to 1000 DVDs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about Aunt Bea. I will continue praying for her.

    My mom just bought A Christmas Story on DVD this year because she was tired of the commercials, too! I can't wait to watch it when we head up there in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We picked up free and discounted Penzey's teachers kits for some and Panera gift cards for others. Although I would have liked to do a Heifer Intl. (or something like it) gift, but it wasn't in the cards this year at least. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle I just want to say hi. Have a blessed Christmas and God bless you and your family always. Greetings from Ghana, West Africa.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)