Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

January 20, 2012

7 Quick Takes (16)



--- 1 ---

I never got around to taking a picture of Dominic eating his chocolate cake.  But I DID get around to taking him to get his 3-year-old pictures taken.  I know some of you are friends on FB, so you've already seen.  But you'll just have to bear with me and be understanding that I can NOT avoid posting here on the ol' blog.  :)

Here is the pose I bought that hangs on the wall:


And here is a good little pose showing off his Angry Birds shirt and what a laid back boy he is:

And here he is with his Angry Birds figures from the game the kids got at Christmas:


And here is my little ham of a boy:


--- 2 ---

I dragged myself kicking and screaming to my spin class last night.  You see, it works out this time around that I had to pay $35 to take this 7-week session of classes.  Because...I was really tempted not to go last night.  I was tired.  I wanted to get everyone in bed at a decent time.  I didn't want to leave the girls at home.  There were all kinds of reasons I didn't feel like going.  BUT!  I changed my clothes, got all the kids together and took all 5 of them to the Child Watch and went to my class.  In the end...I was glad I went.  I left immediately when it was over, grabbed the kids, got home and told them all to get in PJ's while I took my shower, then I was able to feed the baby and get the kids (all! including the baby!) in bed by 8:30. 

Miracle of miracles:  Dominic slept all night in his bed and Vincent slept all night.  And me?  Well...I slept like a rock.  :)

--- 3 ---

Danielle received the Sacrament of Reconciliation for the first time Wednesday night!  There is nothing quite like preparing your child for this sacrament only to realize that you yourself don't do a very good job of it.  It was so fun to watch the kids walk back to their seats.  There is nothing quite like the bouyancy that comes with being freed from our sins.  I find that even though I have to go back regularly, because I'm a sinner and all, that my heart is so light afterwards.  But there is nothing quite like that child-like sense of awe and wonder at the whole thing.   

--- 4 ---

Danielle's basketball team plays at 8:30 tomorrow morning.  Nothing like having to rise and shine early on a Saturday!  But it's so much fun to watch her class play basketball.  They are at this age, where they are aware if they have already scored a basket or two....they look around for the other girls who haven't made a basket yet and try to pass them the ball so they can shoot.  It's very cute.  Dani drives the lane pretty good, but she gets too far under most of the time.  I told her to just keep shooting, the shots will fall eventually.  I'm just happy to see her being aggressive!

--- 5 ---

I have been trying hard to eat healthy and get active and lose this weight.  I lost all my pregnancy weight pretty quickly as I have been back to pre-Vincent pregnancy weight for about 2 or 3 months.  The problem is I still needed to lose about 25 pounds when I got pregnant with him.  So, I am on a mission.  I was really happy to get into a certain size of jeans this morning without having to squeeze myself.  Progress!

--- 6 ---

I got some primo vacation time this year and I'm pretty excited about it!  I get to be off over Thanksgiving (and then some) and I think this year, I'm going to try and take the family up north (my Dad lives north of Chicago) and have a Poliquin Thanksgiving.  It would be great for my kids to experience Thanksgiving Dinner at my dad's house and then I have a brother and his family who live south of Chicago and another slew of relatives that live in Milwaukee.  Now to hold out some hope that Craig can work it to be off, too, so we can all go together!

--- 7 ---

My Jayhawks did a great job Monday night and beat the Baylor Bears at Allen Fieldhouse!  So happy!!!  Tomorrow, they go on the road to Texas to play.  Hope they can keep their winning streak going! 

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!! GO KU!!!

Have a great weekend!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!


5 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of your motivation to go to spin class. I don't even have enough motivation to unwrap the plastic from my pregnancy fit DVD.

    Those pictures of Dominic are so awesome! He is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss spinning! You are so active, you make me want to run whole marathons! Three is such a fun age...Dominic is such a cute little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hat picture is just the best!

    I am totally with you on the postpartum weight, though I'm earlier in the game. I have 8-10 pounds to prepregnancy and another 10-15 I'd *like* to lose. Just trying to eat well and be active for now...with the expectation of hitting weight watchers or something in a couple (or few) months). Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dom's pictures are great. He is a ham for sure-and Owen has an angry bird shirt too! Good work on the spin class. Just keep going when you don't want to because of how you feel after. RCJH!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you shared Dominic's pictures; so cute! That last one is just too much!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)