Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

January 2, 2012

Monday Mumbles - 16

Happy First Monday of 2012!  I'm glad you've joined me.  I don't have to work, but I am still going to mumble.  TOOJE got me started on it, and my week doesn't really feel like it's begun unless I've done this post.  :)

1.  I am old.  And I'm no fun.  You see, my kids and I went to bed around 10:30 Saturday night instead of staying up to ring in the new year at midnight.  A couple of kids started fussing and I decided that if we can't all be up and be happy...then we have to go to bed.  

2.  I walked into Great Clips Saturday around 12:35 p.m. with my entire family.  Lo and behold there was NO ONE waiting and we placed Craig and four kids' names on the list and almost immediately a whole crowd of people came in!  We were in and out in about 35 minutes, though.  That was pretty cool.

3.  I went and got a new swimsuit so I could do some swim workouts.  See, I have a suit, but I kept trying to finish losing enough weight to fit in it, but that was just taking too long.  So, I decided to bite the bullet and go buy a workout suit that was one size bigger.  Harumph.  Oh well, I'm going to swim in the morning!  I can't wait!

4.  Craig had to work entirely too much on New Year's Eve...10+ hours is too much, I think.  But what do I know?

5.  I cannot get Dominic to go back to sleeping in his own bed since his Tonsillectomy a few weeks ago.  I don't know what will motivate him.  But he keeps crawling in bed with Sarah and she only has a twin bed and it was affecting her ability to sleep.  So...I let him share Helen's bed.  She has the bottom bunk and it's about the size of a double bed.  At least if he's gonna impose, there is enough room for him to do it.  I am hoping this is just a phase he needs to work through.  And I hope it doesn't last too long.

6.  When I logged into Blogger to write this, I saw this blogpost in my reader by Catholic Mutt.  In it, she mentions that she'll post the plan for reading the Catholic Bible chronologically week by week here.  And I saw that she had Week 1 up and ready.  So...I started last night.  I have wanted to read the Bible for years...now, perhaps I will stick with this since there is a plan.  :)

7.  Vincent turned 6 months this weekend.  Wow.  He is almost sitting up on his own for good.  He is able to lean forward and focus on something and stay seated without face planting.  He's been eating cereal for a few weeks...we've moved on to the Oatmeal.  And we started foods...he had squash last week and this week we'll try sweet potatoes.  He really prefers the bottle for the most part, so we have to take advantage when he's in a good mood to try the foods.  For example on Sunday afternoon, he fussed and cried and wouldn't take the cereal-mixed-with-squash from Craig.  But Sunday evening, he ate straight Oatmeal before finishing his bottle.  I can't believe how big he's getting.  You'll have to forgive me, but I am too tired at this time to edit and upload a pic.  Maybe later.

8.  My brother has a blog.  If you're interested in reading about math...all kinds of math...and looks like some education and curriculum theory or ideas or essays, you might want to follow.  He promises a post every day in 2012...so at the very least you'll have something to read every day if you need it.  :)

9.  I found out my brother has a blog via Twitter.  Yes, I tweet.  My  handle is @MichellePHughes.  Some days I am more active than others.  My blog is loaded on Networked Blogs and so it auto-posts to Facebook and Twitter.  I have some people who have found me on Twitter who have come to my blog.  I have some people on my blog who follow me on Twitter.  I probably post more to Facebook than I do Twitter and I haven't gotten the hang of Tweetdeck or any other app that helps me post the same thing to both.  Do you Tweet?  Leave your handle in the comments and I might just follow you!

10.  Aunt Bea's Mass of Christian Funeral was beautiful on Friday.  We celebrated a life well-lived by a woman loved by all who knew her.  I thought about her a lot on Saturday as that was her birthday.  I also thought a lot about the fact that I no longer have any grandparents here on Earth.  That's kind of a weird feeling, for some reason.

If you like to read random thoughts on Mondays, go visit TOOJE.  Hers are usually quite entertaining.


5 comments:

  1. Oh no. Unfortunately I have no entertaining Mumbles today. I have five up, but of the mundane variety I'm afraid. Good for you on the bible reading and swim suit. Just having one so you can go is good enough!! Happy no work Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Days off are great, aren't they? I'm so excited that you'll be joining in with the Bible reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so behind, I missed CM's post - thanks for linking to it. I'll be a bit behind to start, but I'll catch up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your brother might enjoy some of these math songs & music videos my friend & his colleagues, all teachers, did for there students! They make me happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry about Aunt Bea. Prayers and hugs for you.

    I'm going to check out that link for reading the Bible week by week. That's one of my goals for this year, and my non-Catholic husband is already way ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)