Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

January 9, 2012

Monday Mumbles - 17

Have you gotten back into a routine yet after the "end" of the holidays?  We have, for the most part.  So, mumble on Monday, I will!  Go visit TOOJE for more Mumbles.

1.  Epiphany was this weekend.  Friday to be exact, though we celebrated it liturgically on Sunday.  That means Christmas came down at our house.  We brought out the kings for the Creche on Friday morning and they were there for two days before everything got all packed up.  I wish I could say my house was clean.

2.  No, along with packing up Christmas, the mountain of laundry from our house was completed on Sunday.  Usually, the grown-up laundry gets completed sometime during the week, but that didn't happen last week.  So, I threw the whole fam damily's laundry together and from about 8:45 a.m. until 9:45 p.m., our washer and dryer were hopping.  Dang, 7 people is a lot of people to keep clean!

3.  Last night, Dominic was trying to sleep in his sister's bed again.  I had bribed him before bed with extra strawberries and he had promised to sleep in his own bed.  Well, while I was trying to get Vincent to sleep, he went into Sarah's room.  Sarah proceeded to tell me that Dominic said there were monsters and ghosts in his room.  There was a "Patchy" ghost (Spongebob show) and a Caillou ghost, too.  So, I told him to show me the monsters and ghosts and he went into his room and pointed in various directions.  So, I grabbed the extra night light out of the bathroom and asked him if we could put it in his bedroom, that it might keep the ghosts from coming.  He agreed and he fell asleep in his own bed soon thereafter.  We'll see if a night light was all he needed, long term.

4.  Dani played her first two basketball games this weekend.  Her team is GOOD!!!  There's one little girl who could dribble down and make layups and she did so regularly!  Dani didn't actually make the baskets, but she drove the lane quite well several times.  It's only a matter of time until she makes those shots she is taking (she kept getting just a bit too far under the hoop/backboard).  It was fun to watch!  Her league doesn't keep official score, but I'm pretty sure our girls won...by a lot.  :)

5.  I did a swim workout Sunday.  I swam 2000 yards in 45 minutes, which I think is pretty good, given I am not really in the shape I'd like to be in.  I decided to do a 500 yd time trial to establish a baseline for improvement.  I was surprised at how well I did.  I swam that 500 yd in 9:05.  It was my third 500 of the workout, as I did my warm up first, then some stroke swimming before it.  I would think that as I get in better shape, that should improve.  

6.  I was going to go in for a workout with the Master's Swim Team on Saturday morning, but there was a swim meet for the high schools, so they didn't hold practice.  But I think I'll head out there Saturday morning and work out.  They have a couple of really good coaches and I hope to get some help on my stroke technique.

7.  I am getting excited for my next nephew to be born.  My sister, who lives in SC, is due with baby #5 in February.  It's getting close!!  Her son makes grandchild #18 for my parents.  And with this boy, it brings the Girl-Boy tally closer to even as it will be 10-8.  We were so girl-heavy at first, but the last few waves have brought mostly boys.

8.  I was trying to figure out the things we needed to be saving for right now and one of the top things is registration fees for the kids for school next year.  *sigh*  We'll have three in the grade school and one in the preschool.  Works out to about $1000 just to get them enrolled/registered.  It's worth it, but my bank account says "ouch!"

9.  I was at Sam's club getting formula the other day and I thought a Rotisserie chicken sounded/smelled really good.  So I made my way over there only to see a bunch of people standing around an empty case.  I have noticed this almost every time I have been to Sam's recently...there are NEVER any Rotisserie chickens actually in the case and people are just hovering there.  Very strange.  so, I went and picked up formula and then grabbed some steaks and at that point it looked like they were going to get the chickens out and put them in the case.  I got one, but barely.  Man, people are crazy!

10.  Vincent is absolutely adorable.  That is all.

Have a great Monday!!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on swimming! I am so ready to get back in the pool. I'm going to start walking this week and hopefully test Justin out in the childcare room. Dani was awesome Saturday. This whole process gets me excited...I loved seeing the girls encouraging each other, trying to pass to help a friend score, etc. It was wonderful watching. Remember, you can set up a payment plan for registration. It's not advertised but that is what we've done. Just ask Shelley. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the night light continues to work for Dominic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go with the swim workouts! It's excellent to read about how you prioritize your children's education, also! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I don't know why I never thought o that before. Nightmares! My boys started having bad dreams around age 3, but couldn't quite articulate it. That could be D's problem too. All 3 have had this problem.

    Love all the sporting activity in your house!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)