Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

April 16, 2012

Monday Mumbles - 25

Photobucket


Happy almost-tax day, right?  Did you know there is some holiday in Washington D.C. that makes it so you have until midnight the 17th this year to mail your return (since the 15th was a Sunday?)  File that in the interesting facts you probably couldn't care to know.  :)

Anywho...it's Monday!

1.  I got a run and a swim in on Saturday!  go me!  I only swam 1000 yards...but it was in 20 minutes and I ran a 5K (29:58, thank you very much!) on the treadmill first.  Ha!

2.  Boot Camp, week 4...in progress.  You know...I gotta be real here about something.  Mostly women read this blog, right?  And we want to know each other, right?  So if you're a guy...skip to #3, please.  Well, anyway...you know that week every month where you just wish you could stay in bed?  Does anyone else put on something like 4-6 pounds those 4 or 5 days?  No?  Well, don't tell me then.

3.  Prayed a Rosary with the kids last night before bed.  And still got them in bed by 8:00 (Vincent was in bed by 8:22, after his bottle).  I read this piece at NCR Saturday and it really kind of hit me that I need to do better.

4.  I went out to dinner Saturday night with another mom-friend.  It was fun!  I have gotten into this getting a sitter and going out at least once a month, even though Craig is working on the weekend.  I really have no idea why it took until I had 5 kids to think I could do something like that!  But it's been good to connect with other moms or with the ladies at work, or just to go to a movie by myself!  I enjoy getting out with Craig, too, but I am finding this once-a-month thing where I go out with friends or on my own is becoming something important.

5. I cleaned each bathroom in our house on Saturday.  I have been having the girls clean them, too, as part of their weekly chores.  But, you probably understand what I mean when I say, every so often the bathrooms need the Mother's Touch. 

6.  We are hosting a little girl from our parish school this week while her parents take a trip.  She is in the first grade, but good playmate with Dani and Helen both.  I think it will be fun!

7.  An awesome part of this arrangement is that this couple offered to keep our kids as a return favor for Craig and me to take a trip somewhere.  WOW!  Like, they said they'd keep all five of them.  For realz.

8.  So, I don't know if I ever mentioned it on here...but Craig got promoted a few months ago!  I think officially he is called a Dual Pit Manager and it means that most of the time he is a supervisor, but he can be called in to be a Pit Manager or scheduled to be a Pit Manager to cover absences and such.  It's kind of a half-step up thing to help prepare for the full-time gig of a Pit Manager if one were to become available and Craig wanted to pursue it.  Pretty cool, huh?

9.  We did a lot of pushups last week at Boot Camp.  A. LOT.  and my shoulder was hurting this weekend.  Just my right one.  I'm a little concerned about it, because I figure that if it were only due to soreness, I would feel the same kind of pain in both shoulders.  I guess we'll see how things go this weekend.  It sucks getting old, I tell ya.

10.  Do you ever remember something and you wonder why?  For example, I remember that today, April 16, is Kim Chase's birthday.  Kim Chase was a girl in my class at my Catholic School from 1st grade through 8th grade.  And for some reason, every April 16th, I remember that it is her birthday and I mentally say, "Happy Birthday, Kim, wherever you are" because we don't keep in touch or anything. 

So...Happy Birthday, Kim, wherever you are!


Bonus:  I realized last night that I told someone that Dominic is 4 years old.  But he is 3.  See, he is fairly mature for a 3-year-old and communicates in a little more advanced way than a 3-year-old. 

For example, on Saturday this exchange took place in our front play room:

Me:  Dominic, if you joyfully pick up the toys in this room, I will give you a great big hug!


Dom:  mmmmmmmmm, how about you give me 50 cents?

Seriously.  I was beside myself. 

And I gave him the 50 cents.  And he argued with me that I shorted him because it was only two coins.

What the...?

Have a great Monday!!!

5 comments:

  1. That bonus one completely made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always remember people's birthdays who I haven't seen in years!

    I love Dominic's comment- he is just a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #! - It is also Patriots Day in MA and ME, included the running of the Boston Marathon, rememebering the conflicts at Concord & Lexington, etc

    Congrats to Craig!
    I think the girls may have an option for getting their chores done, provided they pay well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Monday Mumbles always make me smile :-)
    Congrats on the 5k, what an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. A run and a swim both, go you!

    7. A trip! With childcare for all! Wowza!

    Bonus: That makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)