Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

June 15, 2012

7 Quick Takes - 26




--- 1 ---
I think sometimes there can be an attitude of self-righteousness that pervades our attempts to do good and influence others to live a holy life.  I will go on the record and say that I don't believe reading a book is a sin.  I don't believe reading a book with lots of sin in it is a sin, you're reading a book!  Reading the book is your action.  When we start judging another person's heart based on the fiction they decide to read (especially if we have decided not to read it and don't know what the book is about other than snippets and soundbites), it makes me sad.  It's almost as if there is nothing safe from the "mommy wars" -- even an escape into a good fictional story.


--- 2 ---
Boot Camp is bringing me to Jesus.  Don't believe me, do ya?  Well, on Thursday evening, we did something called Timed Volume.  I would imagine you could do it with any old exercise, but we did it with pushups.  So we do 6 pushups (trainer/coach counts) and then we stay in pushup position "resting" for 6 seconds and then we do 6 pushups, then 6 seconds.  You get how it goes, right?  Well we did that for 6 minutes.  When he said we were halfway through, I realized I needed to do something to keep going.  So, I started thinking about Jesus on the Cross and I reminded myself things could be so much worse.  I had tears and sobs, not to mention sweat, but I just kept working.  I am not going to lie to you...I felt awesome afterward!  Not awesome in, it felt good, but awesome in, "Wow!  I did that!"

--- 3 ---
I've been going to Weight Watchers at work since February.  I did really good and hit 5% milestone a couple of months ago and then everything went to %^&*.  So, I felt like I was starting over a few weeks ago.  I committed to making sure I hit a weekly meeting all the way through the summer.  This shouldn't be hard because I don't have any Thursdays off work until August.  So, I knuckled down.  This past week was cool.  I got 53 activity points.  Part of that is using my new pedometer - that rocks!  The other part is I have worked out consistently.  So, I had a really nice loss to show for it yesterday.  And I can feel something changing.  I know next week will be challenging (due to physical challenges) but I am already telling myself how I don't want to go backward anymore.  So I am already gearing myself up to stay on the wagon.



--- 4 ---
Today is our floor's monthly food day.  I am pep talking myself all over the place to still stay within my daily balance because I have an outing tomorrow where I may have a drink or two and I want to save my "extra" points for that.


--- 5 ---
Speaking of that outing.  I get to meet up with From the Heart's Maggie and NFP and Me's Katie tomorrow!!!!!!!  So excited to finally meet Katie.  We're gonna have some din-din and drinks!  Yay!!!


--- 6 ---
I have kind of hit a rut with motivation at work.  I need to find my mojo again.  But, I've been doing the same thing for 4.5 years.  That is SO not my style.  I like to move around, learn new things.  I have a meeting with a recruiter in 45 minutes.  Pray for me, that I can work together with her to find a path to new adventures around here, if that be what's in store.  I am seriously feeling like I am banging my head against a brick wall and don't have anywhere to go.  I am fairly happy with the work I do, it's just old...and I am ready for something different.

UPDATE - I have a phone interview this afternoon!  Please say some prayers because this might be a great opportunity to get to do something new (and not take a drop in pay, either!)


--- 7 ---
It's Father's Day on Sunday.  Mother's Day and Father's Day are so strange for me.  I never know what cards to get or if I should get a card for my parents.  And then of course, I need to make the day special for Craig who is the most wonderful father to our children.  He is involved in our childrens' lives in so many ways and I am so thankful to have him to share this experience with.  Hope you all have a blessed Father's Day!



For more Quick Takes, visit Jen at Conversion Diary!

5 comments:

  1. #1~Totally agree
    #5~ So jealous, have a wonderful time!
    #6 ~ Good Luck!

    Hope you all have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right, Joy?? So jealous of your awesome meet-up! Darn-it for living in Phoenix near NO ONE! ;)

    A

    ReplyDelete
  3. #5 - so. jealous!

    But Katie - you live in Phoenix - go meet Leila :).

    Mother's Day & Father's Day - just one more difficulty of divorce. For me the mom cards are harder than the dad cards...except now because of stupid IF.

    You are one awesome lady getting through that Boot Camp - one more reason I wanna be you when I grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to come to dinner and drinks! I'm jealous, too! But excited that the three of you get to hang out.

    Way to go with keeping on with boot camp! That's tough to keep doing.

    Good luck with the new job opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 - That's great!

    5 - Another jealous soul here! I hope you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)