Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

June 4, 2012

Monday Mumbles - 30

 Photobucket 

Happy Monday!  Have I done 30 of these?  That kind of jars me awake for some reason.  I will be brief...

1.  Sarah took off for Challenge camp yesterday.  Well, I dropped her off at 4:00 p.m. anyway.  I think she'll enjoy the time away.  I will miss her, but I think she will have a great experience.

2.  A woman with whom I was in sync as we birthed our first four children, is expecting again!  This is her #6 and I was a bit overwhelmed at how happy I was for her.  Our number 5's are about 9 months apart (her numbers 1-4 were all born within 6-8 weeks of my numbers 1-4 -- and get this, she had three boys then a girl and I had three girls then a boy, LOL).  Anyway joy just filled me when she told me and I felt happy about it all day.

3.  Craig and I ran a 10K together on Saturday.  It was fun!  I think that's about as far as I care to run anymore.  I've done the marathon and the half-marathon thing.  For now, I just don't feel the need to train and try to run farther than 10K.  

4.  This race was very hilly!  Probably a good thing I have been running around my home as there are lots of hills there, too.  Probably nothing quite as bad as what Rebecca has to deal with in Morgantown, but hey, the Midwest is anything but free range flatland.

5.  A picture from the Finish Line:
Beer for of-age finishers (Michelob Ultra in case you are wondering...which may not qualify as beer to some of you)
6.  Our world - and some of the heinous things about it - makes me sad sometimes.  And things that aren't taught in history classes or reported by historians make me sad, too.

7.  I feel like I have been waiting forever for Vincent to start walking.  He's the first of my children to crawl and so I just figured that meant he'd get going walking pretty quick.  But he's been crawling for almost 4 months now and he is so fast, that I think it discourages him from walking. Here is a picture of him playing at his tool bench.  Several times he stood there without touching the bench and bouncing around on his legs and dancing that I thought maybe he'd take a step or two toward me.  But he didn't.


8.  Please pray for a special intention with regard to my work.  I can't go into detail, but I sure would appreciate your prayers.

9.  And if you don't mind...maybe another one with regard to Craig's scheduling opportunity with his work.  Again, no details at this time, but would appreciate prayers with regard to some possible changes.

10.  Swimming lessons for Dani and Helen start today!  They are excited and so am I.  I was a natural in the pool, but neither Sarah or Dani seem to have this gift.  I'm interested to see what happens with li'l Helen.  She is built a lot like her momma, and I'd really be excited if one of my kids takes affinity to the sport.

Have a great Monday!!

4 comments:

  1. You both look way to happy to have just run a 10k! (Though, beer does help :)).

    Ha! We'll have to compare elevation charts of our runs sometime...it may be just as bad there - who knows? :)

    OH, AND there is a 5k - The Snowflake Sprint - the day after the WVU-Kansas football game - we could run it together!

    Prayers for your work-related intentions :).

    LOVE swimming - I hope Helen takes to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on the 10K! As much as I hike, I can't run before my knees get really mad at me.

    I never did well with swimming. I think I might be half lead. I hope Helen enjoys it, and Sarah enjoys camp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a natural in the pool, my husband hates it, and I haven't figured my kids out yet even though they are almsot 5 and 7. It's so hard to teach something that comes naturally - I need to get going on the swim lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for you and your husband.

    I love the finish line, don't you?? Those "free beer" posters at the 9K mark really seem to kick me into high gear...although, Michelob Light? Meh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)