Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

November 19, 2012

Monday Mumbles - 35

Well, with an end to the blog break, and it being Monday and all...here are 10 random thoughts to begin your day. Enjoy! 

1.  Am I the only person who notices when families at church seem to have children that match up in ages to most of mine?  I think it's cool, but I wonder if I'm kind of a dork to ever take note or point it out.

2.  Speaking of that...a family that had their first four around the same times we had our first four, then had #5 nine months before we had #5, just had #6.  

3.  Another family that has multiple children that fall right where our children fall (got one in Sarah's class, one in Helen's class, one that will be in Dominic's class and one that will be in Vincent's class) invited our family over for after school play on Wednesday.  I have to work, and Sarah has a Challenge thing to do, Vincent will be at daycare, but Craig and the other kids will go over.  That should be fun!

4.  I'm having a hard time believing it is time for Thanksgiving already.  This year has gone by so fast.  I know it just gets faster the older we get, but sometimes I just want to make time stand still for a bit so I CAN enjoy the moment!

5.  It is just under 2 weeks until Craig and I are taking a trip.  With no children.  That is going to be so crazy.  We are so blessed to have good people that we trust who offered to swap child-watching duties this year for trips without children.  (We kept their daughter while they had a trip earlier in the year.)

6.  The last time Craig and I went anywhere overnight without children was when Dani (who is now 9 years old) was 6 months old.  It's been far too long.

7.  I'm debating whether to take odds on which one of us cracks first and admits 96 hours was just too long.

8.  One of my most favorite parts of the upcoming trip is that I get to also spend time with Rebecca (The Road Home).  Yes...we are flying out to spend the weekend in Morgantown, WV!!  Wheeeeee! 

9.  Another added bonus is getting to see KU play football.  I'll grant you, watching KU play football is nowhere near as fun as watching KU play basketball.  But we'll just not talk about that.

10.  I'm off for another busy, fun-filled day at the office.  I really do enjoy my new job -- my new boss, my new group, the work itself -- all are wonderful.  I just hope someday, the e-mails and meetings slow down enough to enjoy what I've got!!

 

2 comments:

  1. I am super excited for your trip--sounds well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squuuuueeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! You are coming to visit meeeeeeeeee!!! (I'm so excited...The Man is excited, but would appreciate it if I would stop bouncing up and down every time I talk about it :)).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)