Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

December 7, 2012

7 Quick Takes - 35



--- 1 ---

Cute Story.  Monday, I picked the kids up from school.  The preschool kids line up outside of the office and when they saw I was outside to pick up the kids, they sent Dominic on out to greet me and wait for his sisters.  We were walking around and he says, "Mommy, guess what!?  It is December!"  I said, "That's right, Dominic, it IS December."  And then he says, "I'm so excited because Santa Claus is coming!!"  Oh my goodness, I love my little boy.

--- 2 ---
So, Craig and I went on our trip without kids last weekend!  It was so great to spend the weekend with Rebecca and The Man.  Spending three full days with Rebecca completely convinced me that we were meant to be sisters, but the geography didn't work out.  She has the gift of gab to match my own, she is competitive, passionate and doesn't mince words.  She married a man who can handle her, just like I married a man that could handle me.  I am so very glad I brought Craig along, instead of going by myself. 

--- 3 ---

On Friday, we walked through her part of Morgantown.  Walked onto Campus and saw some of the sights.  We were fortunate that we happened upon The Mountaineer (WVU mascot) in the Student Union!  Of course, we got our picture taken with him.  :)


--- 4 ---
We went to watch KU get slaughtered at the hands of the Mountaineers in football, but I must say, the fans were friendly and didn't get their noses out of joint because I refused to high-five their team's touchdowns.  They all seemed to understand that I wasn't going to be happy about us getting the raw end of the calls or getting trounced even though it was to be expected.  Many of them acknowledged that we (KU) would get them back in basketball.  I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed saying, "I think you're right." 

Oh and Rebecca has killer tickets:



--- 5 ---

Sunday was a fun, hang around and do nothing day.  Let's face it, Craig and I don't get those days...EVER.  So, we went to Mass, then had some breakfast and played Mexican Train Dominoes (way fun!), then watched some football and had some dinner.  Rebecca and The Man were great about taking us to local places that we wouldn't be able to experience anywhere else.

--- 6 ---

Of course, while we were gone, the kids were well cared for. I felt terrible that a stomach bug hit our house just as we were leaving.  Helen was home sick from school the day we left.  Dani had to stay home from school on Friday.  And the couple who was watching them saw their daughter succomb to the nasty bug over the weekend.  :(  I guess I am glad that my baby boys got it on the bookends -- Vincent suffered from it before we left and Dominic got it when we got home.  We only had one incident where a kid needed to talk with us to get through the day.  I got a text from our school office Friday afternoon to call if I could to talk with Helen. She was in the office, crying and "missing her mommy."  So, I talked to her for a few minutes, told her I needed her to be my "big girl" and take a deep breath.  School was almost over.  I'd see her Monday.  I guess it worked because I didn't hear from her again.
 
--- 7---

Monday brought our trip to the doctor for Craig to be refreshed on how to administer progesterone injections.  I'm happy to report that since I've treated the progesterone deficiency (beginning with Prometrium while still on our trip) the level of cramping has decreased to pretty much non-existent.  So, that makes me happy and relaxed.  I think the "shock" (for lack of a better word -- because let's face it, as well as I monitor things, it's hard to be shocked that we get pregnant...) of the pregnancy has lessened.  I'm not necessarily overwhelmed anymore at the thought that I've moved on to needing 2 hands to exhibit the number of children I have.  I'm definitely thinking a lot about the vehicle situation and room organization.  My kids are intent on picking a name even though we don't know the gender yet, and Sarah's made it clear that a baby really need not be a reason for us not to get a dog.  I'm mulling that as well. 

I feel a post coming on about what an additional baby means to the rest of the family, i.e., the older kids.

Have a great weekend!  Thank you to Jennifer Fulwiler for hosting and be sure to go check out Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes!




4 comments:

  1. That weekend sounds like a blast! And I'm glad to hear that the progesterone supplementation seems to be working well.

    Also, did Rebecca happen to mention that when she's in town for the payback that WVU needs during basketball, I may try to make it back around then, too? Not to the game, of course, but my sisters and grandparents are in that general area and so I thought it might be nice to combine a visit with them and a visit with guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO glad you came - and that you brought Craig :).

    We had a blast (and I promise I will blog about it soon, and send the pictures...I'm actually working on editing them this weekend while I'm working :)).

    SO glad to hear the progesterone seems to be working!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful that you and Rebecca were able to spend so much time together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture of you and Craig with the Mountaineer! I'm from Ohio so I'm a Buckeye gal, but I live 5 minutes from the WV border and I always thought it would be cool to have him as a mascot. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)