Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

January 11, 2013

7 Quick Takes - 38 (Pregnancy Update Edition)



--- 1 ---

I told my boss Monday about the impending arrival of Baby Hughes #6.  It went well.  She seemed genuinely happy (it wasn't a canned "Congratulations" with the look on her face like she was racking her brain trying to be sure she had an appropriate response -- yay!)  My boss is one of six children herself (and a twin, to boot!) so she seems to "get" a large family, even though she didn't opt for one herself. 

--- 2 ---

Following Monday...and Tuesday...I finally said to myself:  "Self, it's time to bust out the maternity wear."  So Wednesday, I started wearing maternity clothes and I'm oh-so-happy I'm not stuffing myself into my regular clothes anymore.  yay!  I do have a rather larger-than-I-remember-for-12-weeks bump, but I'm sure that's just my fatty showing through.  That's okay...it won't be long and I'll start feeling this little baby move around and I can just not worry about my inner fatty for a few more months.
--- 3 ---

Oh!  I missed my scheduled first OB appointment last Friday.  Brilliant, right?  Well, to be honest, I hadn't a clue it was actually scheduled!  They called me an hour after it was scheduled to tell me I'd missed it and to reschedule.  I had just been wondering that morning, "hmm, I guess I should call and make my first OB appointment..."  Anyway, it is now scheduled for Monday morning.
--- 4 ---

My children keep asking when we will find out the gender of the baby.  Last night, on the way to swim practice, Dani asked me and I said, "Oh...probably March or April sometime."  She was very disappointed and told me, "Mom I just want to know whether I'm praying for a baby brother or a baby sister."  <heart melts>
--- 5 ---

Some good news is that I was able to lower my dosage of Progesterone from 200 mg twice a week to 100 mg twice a week.  They didn't actually give me the number from my last bloodwork, though, so I am not sure whether it climbed or my doctor just figured I was getting to the end of the 1st trimester, so it was time to coerce my body into trying to let the placenta take over.  Chances are my number did go up, but I really wish I had pushed the issue and asked.

--- 6 ---

Once I started wearing maternity clothes at work, other folks got in the know about my pregnancy.  It's interesting reading people's facial expressions and listening to what they say.  One woman at work, (actually the same woman from this conversation) looked at me in disbelief and then she said, "You know, as a person who is childless by choice, it's just hard for me to fathom."  I get that.  I did tell her all about how Craig and I entered marriage thinking (again, not unlike many young couples, I would guess) kids weren't a huge priority.  Yeah, she didn't get that either.
 

--- 7---

Pregnancy fatigue...is...well, it's just exhausting.  It is interesting to me that I basically felt very rested and caught up on sleep when I went to work Monday, but this week has so drained me that I fell asleep at Dani's swim practice last night.  And this morning, I literally dragged myself into the shower and around the house as I got ready for work, praising God it was Friday.  Of course, tomorrow will be a tiring day as it's Sarah's first volleyball tournament (these things are all day things).  Also, the older I get, the less energy I get in the 2nd trimester.  I almost worry that this time around, it will be non-existent.  Give me a few weeks and I'll let you know.

Today, Jennifer is feeling well enough host 7 Quick Takes.  We are keeping Jennifer in your prayers, and we are encouraged by her recovery thus far.  Be sure to check out Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes!

10 comments:

  1. You are a great and inspiring mama! So glad your boss was happy and not insulting/strange about the news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a good boss!

    Can you call your doctor's office and tell them that you forgot to get the number from your progesterone test? One time when I was shy about asking my doctor for the actual number I called later and they had no problem with a nurse calling me back and leaving the actual results on my voice mail (as I had explicitly given them permission to do so).

    Good for you for avoiding the obvious snarky responses re #6.

    I hope that you can at least rest a little on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a more comfortable outfits and truly excited bosses. Hope all goes well at the appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like we're pregnancy buddies. I just hit 12 weeks and due mid July. This will be #4 for me :) congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your boss was cool with your pregnancy! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever! I want to see that baby bump! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad your boss was so happy! I get a little jealous sometimes when people say they are on their 3rd, 4th, 5th etc. We are on #2 right now, so we are working on it! I can't go much faster though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so funny that you missed your apt! And you're like, "Shrug, oh well." Things change so much between Baby 1 and Baby 4...much less Baby 6. I remember my ob patiently answering all my questions and concerns with the first, and by the time I got to the fourth, I was like, "Do I really have to have all these appointments? Can we skip a few of them?" The doctor shrugged and said, "If you were a first time mom I wouldn't let you, but now that you're an experienced mom..." I couldn't quite fathom myself in those terms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad your boss is so supportive; and #4, wow! What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad your boss was so supportive and what great kids you have that they are so thrilled with your newest edition :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)