Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

January 18, 2013

7 Quick Takes - 39





--- 1 ---

I am tired, y'all.  Oh. so. tired.  Sometimes, I fear this is what I do at work:


--- 2 ---

I am pretty sure I've been caught yawning...:


--- 3 ---

No lie, on Wednesday night, this was me about 2 seconds after walking in the door after work:

--- 4 ---
And I hardly moved from the couch all night.  Craig brought me dinner, but I did rise off the couch and go into the kitchen to eat.  Craig got the kids ready for bed.  

Me?





Okay, enough about that.  Ahem.


--- 5 ---

So, remember I told you all Monday was my first OB appointment?  I hadn't had an opportunity to hear the heartbeat yet.  And, I gotta tell you all, I was nervous the past 8 weeks or so wondering if ultimately, I would hear only one heartbeat.  I wasn't real vocal about my nervous anxiety about twins this go round, but as irrational as it was...it was there.

So, after sitting through the initial info-gathering portion of the appointment answering questions about previous deliveries, prior pregnancy issues, etc., the doctor finally grabbed that doppler thingy and I was all "okay, this is it..."


I mentioned my irrational anxiety to the doctor as he prepared the doppler and he was kind of like:
--- 6 ---
The doc put the doppler on my tummy and immediately I heard the swoosh-swoosh-swoosh and:
...sweet relief!
 

--- 7---
Then it was very clear that there was only ONE heartbeat.  And while the blessing of twins is definitely something awesome indeed, I still felt like this:


10 comments:

  1. What a cute post! Here's to one heartbeat and a lot of sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I love GIFs. I hope you get some sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! I have irrational twin fear every. single. time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, this is great! I don't miss the preggo tiredness at all... but I'm still pretty tired regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment on my blog!! That would be so fun to have 3 girls and 3 boys!
    Congratulations on your new little one. That first trimester exhaustion is so so tough.
    I am so with you about the twin fears. They run in my family and I am paranoid every time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are hilarious! (I hopped over from House Unseen, btw.) I think I love best that most of your moving-pics are men. That tickles me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for hearing the HB!
    Wishing you a restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I *am* a twin so I got quite a bit of mocking when I was pregnant with Daniel that it was going to be twins.

    My ultrasound appointment was in the middle of the day so I took an extra long lunch and came back afterward. While I was working late, our area director and his boss (who were expected in the office in the afternoon so all of us were dressed up and wearing our badges) came up with our brokerage manager. Upon Jay (our brokerage manager) commenting that I was working late, I explained that I'd had to leave during the middle of the day for an ultrasound. Michael (area director) asked hesitantly if everything was all right. My response:

    "I was kind of hoping for a kitten but it looks like a baby."

    All three of them busted up laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the GIFs. Yay for babies, particularly babies that come one at a time for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad everything went well at the ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)