Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

January 14, 2013

Monday Mumbles - 37

It's Monday again! Funny thing about Mondays...they always come back around. I haven't mumbled in a few weeks, but we had a "happenin'" weekend, so I thought I'd share!

1.  At 8:30 a.m. CT today, I'll be having my first OB appointment.  Pray that the heartbeat is strong and easy to find?  :)

2.  Our weekend was crazy!  Crazy! 

3.  Sarah's first club volleyball tournament was Saturday.  First and foremost:  it was a blast!  I had so much fun watching her play.

4.  I'm very proud of her with how much she's improved since the end of our school league play.  She's now serving overhand (regularly and reliably) nice and strong.  She's also getting a good feel for setting the ball and giving her teammates good looks for hits.

5.  Pool play was 2 games against each team in the pool and I will do a little bit of momma-bragging and say that the three losses did not come when my baby girl was on the court.  (is that wrong of me?)  And, the last game in pool play that they won, Sarah was the player serving 3 straight points for the win!!  I was so proud!!

6.  She was exhausted Saturday.  Just to give you an idea:  we arrived at 7:00 a.m. at the venue, they started pool play at 8:00, they played all through pool play and made it to the playoffs, they played the playoffs and then had to referee the next game after they lost and we were finally on our way home around 5:30 p.m.

7.  I was exhausted, too!  It's hard to sit on those benches all day long.  I loved watching my kid play, but my butt was sore from those bleachers.  Note to self:  Must get cushy-seat-thingy.

8.  Sunday, she still had volleyball practice and her coach worked them hard.  (I have a girl-coach-crush on her coach:  she is the kind of coach I want for my daughter because she is tough and she works them hard and she doesn't take any nonsense!)

9.  My volleyball player!!

10.   We booked our lodging for our vacation over spring break!  We are actually going to have a family vacation for the first time in 3 years!  I'm excited!!!



1 comment:

  1. #1- Yes, of course!

    Way to go, Sarah! I agree, though that the benches are murder to sit on that long. I wouldn't just get a cushion, I'd get one of those things that has a back rest.

    #10- Yay, Spring Break and family vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)