|Aww, Poor Baby Helen|
1. Before Helen felt so awful on Saturday, she got to go to Ballet and they got to try on their costumes for the June production! They are doing Cinderella. They looked so adorable. I can't wait to watch Helen in the production.
|Helen tries on her costume|
|Pretty girls! Helen with her friend Chi-Chi|
|This hair bow matches the bow on the front of the costume|
|Showing off the backs|
2. And before Helen got all sick, I went to watch my Jayhawks in Allen Fieldhouse with my friend, TOOJE!! :) It was a blast, even if we did lose. Honestly, I've been waiting for us to lose because we've been playing so poorly the past few weeks. Sucks that it had to be on our home court, but when they play that poorly, it's bound to happen. I guarantee you we won't be losing any more at home this year. Bill Self sounded PISSED (!!!!!) in his post-game remarks and I don't blame him. They'll get it together, as they usually do. But man...I think I've witnessed most of the 8 home losses we've had the past 10 years. That bums me out!!
3. BUT! Before the game, we walked through our hall where they hang all our banners and the names of all the Jayhawk basketball players are on the wall. Got some great pics:
|Dean Smith -- the guy whom The Dean Dome at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill was named for...was a JAYHAWK!!|
|Adolph Rupp -- the guy whom Rupp Arena at the University of Kentucky is named for? Yup! a JAYHAWK!!|
|I love our championships...|
|And our Final Four Appearances...|
|And of course the fact that we OWN our conference :)|
5. Helen spent all day on the couch yesterday and it looks like today will be more of the same. No more upchucking, but no eating or drinking much either. So she is very weak. I'm gonna try getting her to sit up a bit later and eat a bit more. She had some toast for breakfast and I have her drinking her water.
6. Needless to say...I am OVER cold and flu season!!! Come on, spring!
7. I booked the skating rink for Helen's party on her birthday! I can't believe she's going to be 7 soon. My sweet baby girl, getting all grown up and stuff. *sniff*
8. Can you believe it's just a short week and a half until Lent starts? Crazy. I feel bad that I haven't put much thought into what I'm going to do. I may try to walk to the local Cathedral for noon Mass everyday or something like that. We'll see. I find it difficult to come up with something "extra" when I'm pregnant during Lent. I have no idea why...but I always struggle.
9. So, I think I need to measure Sarah again. I noticed at her practice yesterday that she looks bigger again! Holy cow! It is so incredibly crazy to watch your kid grow from being a little girl to being what is starting to look like a grown-up. I mean, I know she still has a ways to go, but it's like I can see what she's going to look like as an adult now. It's crazy. And because she seems to have spurted some more...she looks skinnier in her arms than normal so she needs to eat to catch up and beef up a bit. haha.
10. I do wish I'd start getting some consistent movement out of the babe in my womb. I realize I'm just over 15 weeks but I was hoping to start feeling the movement a bit more consistently since I felt twinges so early on. But oh well. I know s/he moves around in there a bit just based on the fact that when the doc puts the doppler on my tummy that little kid takes off!
Okay, so have a good Monday. The toilets and trash cans await.