Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

April 5, 2013

7 Quick Takes - 46





Good Friday Morning!  I'm linking up with Jennifer Fulwiler today for 7 Quick Takes.
--- 1 ---

We are home from vacation! It was very nice to get away. I missed Vincent (not as much as he missed Daddy, apparently, but I digress...) very much and was extra excited to see his cute and sweet face when we picked him up yesterday.  Of course, I noticed almost immediately that I really need to get that boy's hair cut.  :)
Shaggy or no, this boy is so darn cute

--- 2 ---

Disney was fantabulous. The kids all had a blast. We had a couple of mealtimes with Disney friends (lunch one day with Winnie the Pooh and Friends and then we did Mickey's Backyard BBQ, courtesy of Craig's brother and wife). We stayed late one night in Magic Kingdom to watch the Electric Parade (we were right in front of the castle and had a great view!) and then the beautiful artistic displays on the castle and then fireworks.  It was a great time. 
When I said front row, I meant FRONT ROW! :)


Caught this gem of Big-sister-Little-sister moment (watching Fireworks)

So pretty!

--- 3 ---

We hadn't been home 10 minutes and my doctor's office called yesterday.  They had the final pathology report on Gregory and basically, he had an "unknown infection" that he was unable to recover from. There was nothing they could have done to detect it and there was nothing they could have done to treat it or prevent it. 

I was confused at first because they mentioned "placental abruption" but I called back to clarify and the report basically stated that usually with a death at 17-19 weeks gestation, it is due to a placental abruption, but that was not the case here. So, I guess I can put my mind at ease about the progesterone. And, I mostly had, but this just kind of sealed the deal and I'm glad. I'm not glad my baby boy got sick and died, but I'm glad there was nothing we could have done and didn't do to prevent his death.
 
--- 4 ---

Oh and while we were on vacation, we also visited the beach. I wanted our children to see the ocean. They loved that day, I think. :)

Helen playing in the sand

My girls playing together :)

Dani and Sarah

My Dominic

The girls having fun in some small waves
The girls
--- 5 ---

I began working the Couch-2-5K app on my phone. I love this thing! It tells you what to do and when to do it. My kind of app. I also started using the "Just 6 Weeks" app to 100+ pushups. And yes, I do those on my hands and toes (no knees!) I have already seen quite a bit of improvement. When I did the first assessment test, I could only do TWO pushups on my hands and toes. At the next assessment test, I could do SIX!!

--- 6 ---

I've decided I have got to make myself strong physically. I used to be so strong, I ran a marathon for goodness' sake! But since having Dominic, I never got back into the shape I was in before I got pregnant with him and I need to remedy that. And I need to do that for a few different reasons:  One, because I need to be healthier; Two, because I want to look better; Three, because I need to prove to myself that I am still a physically strong specimen of a woman -- I don't know, part of me thinks if I can get strong again that I will believe I can be strong in other ways. Of course, I know the strength comes from God, but I know He gave it to me and I've been letting it lie dormant for too long.

--- 7---

On that note, I am planning to start CrossFit and eating on the Paleo plan (they say it works well with CrossFit). I think Craig wants to do it, too, so that will be added motivation for us to both go and get stronger. 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Don't forget to go visit Conversion Diary to "meet" other bloggers! 

 

10 comments:

  1. Oh man, now I want to go to Disneyland again!

    I'm glad you got answers about Gregory. I'm so sorry he was sick, but it's good to know that progesterone wasn't a factor. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you had a wonderful vacation. I am intrigued by the push up app and just downloaded it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so important to stay strong and healthy as a mother. Cheer to you for your resolution!

    We also saw the light parade when we were down there after Christmas in 2007, and were in the front row...because we sat there for two hours waiting for it! Though we weren't anywhere near the castle. :) It seemed like a much shorter parade than I remembered from when I was a kid going to Disneyland in CA. I'm still wondering if that was perception or reality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Home!
    Glad the vacation went so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a wonderful vacation - I'm so glad! Now I'm wishing I could pop down to Florida! How fun that your kids got to see the ocean for the first time...I live so close, I take it for granted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you were able to get answers, that they can help you grieve.

    Also, love all the disney and beach photos. I am biding my time until Miss Maggie is potty-trained and no longer naps, then we're off to the the happiest place on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great vacation! I'm glad it went well.

    I'm also glad you got some answers. Not that it makes the pain less, but it does take away some of the added burden.

    I can't wait to hear how the paleo goes! I'm a little interested in that, but not quite enough to actually do something about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy, a somber kind of happy, to know that you have answers about Gregory, but so glad to hear about your awesome vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!! Isn't it true that physical strength empowers you to be mentally, spiritually, and emotionally strong and confident?! I am going to my apps right now to find those workout tools!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I lost my first baby around the same time...we never knew the sex so we named the baby Mary Matthew...my kids often think about their older sibling, and wonder...it is comforting to know they have a sibling in heaven that watches over them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)