Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

May 27, 2013

Memorial Monday Mumbles - 46

Happy Memorial Day. I have plenty of family members who have served our country, but none (that I know of) who gave the ultimate sacrifice. prayers for all of you who do have a loved one who died serving our country. 

1. A day off work is always welcome, although my weekend didn't officially start until about 1:00 p.m. Saturday (from work). We had a huge malfunction little problem with our systems that carried our work over into Saturday. But I'm glad it was resolved and life went on.

2. I ran 5.0 miles on Saturday! Well, at least when I include the 0.75 that was worked into the WOD at crossfit. I maintained a 10:36 per mile pace for my 4.25 miles I ran beforehand, so I was happy with that little bit. The 10K Craig and I signed up for is Saturday, so I hope it goes well.

3. So, early last week I picked up a book...
Have you read it? I finished it in about 3 days. If I didn't have a family and stuff to attend to, I would have finished it in a day I am sure. Excellent read. So, I immediately picked up...
and finished that in basically 2.5 days. Another excellent read although it does end rather abruptly. (Don't worry, no spoilers here.) I've been kind of annoyed I haven't had the time yet to start Mockinjay. But I will remedy that situation today. :)

4. The kids have four more days of school. I can't believe I am about to have a 7th grader in this house. I also have a hard time with the fact that Dominic has another year until Kindergarten. He is already reading and drawing inferences that I would expect of a kid in 1st or 2nd grade. But another year of preschool for him.

5. I love rainy mornings. It rained while we were all getting up and around this morning. It was lovely. I laid on the couch and the kids fended for themselves. I must say, transitioning to this time in life where three of my kids are capable of fixing their own breakfast and helping with the younger ones is...interesting.

6. Vincent shows signs of potty-training readiness. But then...he doesn't. I don't know...I know eventually he will be out of diapers, but I'm torn in this weird place where I want it to happen now, but then I don't want it to happen.

7. Twelve years since we've been in a situation where there is not a baby on the way and the youngest is about to graduate diapers in a few months. Every so often I find myself pondering that.

8. Heading to hang out with siblings and their children today. I read this article, The Gift of Siblings, from the NY Times yesterday that a friend shared on Facebook. Loved it. 

9. We are fundraising for Helen's sponsorship fee for the National American Miss Pageant in August. It's been an interesting process. I love how Helen doesn't back away from it because it's uncomfortable or hard. I have often called her my "mini-me" but I think she's stronger  and more confident than I was at her age.

10. Vincent has hit his tantrum stage and I swear I forget that any other kid went through this stage because his are so ridiculous. I know that this, too, shall pass, but that doesn't mean that right now I don't want to lock myself in a small padded room and wait these things out. goodness.

A rare moment with my boys...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)