Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

July 19, 2013

7 Quick Takes - 56



Thanks to Jennifer Fulwiler for hosting!
--- 1 ---

It's hot out! I'm not complaining because honestly, I prefer hot and humid to snow and freezing anytime. But when I go to Crossfit or run outside (which is all week) -- no matter what time it is, it is hot out. Good thing I like to sweat!


--- 2 ---

We have had my niece Julie here for the week. That means we've had the complete set of 2006 girl Poliquin babies in the Kansas City area all week. What that really means is...trouble. :) Nah, they are the sweetest girls. I love how they seem to be on the same wavelength, even though they are from three separate households. I think they've had a blast seeing each other:


--- 3 ---

We swapped Dani for Julie (both rising 4th graders and part of the 2003-04 "wave" of Poliquin girls, so Dani has spent the week in South Carolina with her cousin Jenna. The beginning was rough as Dani got eaten by mosquitoes while playing outside. But sounds like the bites healed after a couple days and she's used the bug spray since. It's so cool we have this opportunity to give our kids some time with their cousins!

Dani before leaving for SC
--- 4 ---

Helen and Julie have gotten along swimmingly...




--- 5 ---
It's birthday season on my side of the family, too. My nephew and his godmother-Aunt share a birthday on the 13th, Sarah had her birthday on the 16th and we have a few more summer birthdays (Vincents and a couple cousins are in June, Dani's and another cousin's are in August). So we spend a bit more time hanging out in the summers. :)

Beatrice and Elanor (with Sarah peeking around)

Man, we really do girls SO WELL!! :)

My handsome baby boy

This is a rare "good" picture of me (at least one I am happy with)

Julie enjoyed playing with Vincent
--- 6 ---

We have one more birthday "present" of sorts for Sarah. She is having a friend come over to spend the night and hang out. I must say, I'm glad to be past the age of needing to put together birthday parties for her. And even Dani has really only requested that she get to have a friend over for her birthday this year. I'm not one that has birthday parties for my kids every year anyway, but it's nice to have the pressure off from the kids.
--- 7 ---
Speaking of running. Oh? I wasn't? Well, okay, let's talk about running. I really need some new shoes. I plan to try and go over 8 miles tomorrow...probably close to 10 if I can. I am 5 weeks away from the half-marathon I am running with Rebecca and I figure if I can maintain my weekly long run at 10-11 miles the next 3-4 weeks, I'll be good for 13.1 come August 17. I guess I'm glad I'm running in all this heat, because the middle of Illinois in the middle of August is probably going to be hot and humid!!


Have a terrific weekend and be sure to go check out Conversion Diary for more 7 Quick Takes Posts!

 

3 comments:

  1. Your kids are so lucky to have cousins around. Good luck with the running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cousin time looks like fun for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That *is* a lovely picture of you.

    You don't have to give every kid a birthday party every year to be busy with birthday parties when you have lots of kids. All ours are clumped in the spring except Michael, and it feels overwhelming even when we only do a couple.

    And cousins--cousins are so awesome. So enriching. I'm really glad your kids are able to get to know theirs and be friends with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)