Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

July 3, 2013

Five Favorites - 2



It's time to link up with Hallie at Moxie Wife with our Five Favorites! this week, I'm going to list my 5 favorite things at Crossfit.

1. Kettle ball swings. I'm not sure what it is about them, but I really enjoy them. They are the kind of exercise that work your whole body but you wouldn't think they do until you have done them. I really like it when I see that Kettle Ball swings are a part of the WOD.


2. Row on the Erg-o-meter. I rowed in college (I was Stroke-Port in a Women's Open 8 and a Women's Open 4, in case any of you know what that means) and when I saw Ergs sitting in the Crossfit gym, I knew they were for real. Not that non-erg rowing machines can't do some good, but the Ergs are the real deal. The first time we got to get on them during Foundations, I was kicking butt...and it felt like the good ol' days when I was really super-fit and all. :)
3. Running. Duh. Any workout involves at least some running in the warm-up. I have done a WOD or two, though that entailed at least a mile to a mile and a half of running to complete them. I love getting some cardio with my strength workouts.

4. Pull-ups. I can't do them unassisted yet, but I CAN do them with double-banded assistance and that's a step up from Ring Rows! So, I'm getting there. I like to see them in the WOD because it means I get a chance to work on them. Practice makes perfect and all that jazz.

5. Back Squats. We've been doing these A LOT. And it's another exercise that really gets your whole body involved. I haven't PR'd yet, other than to set my first 1-rep max (135 pounds, FYI) but we've done so much squatting in the past 4 weeks, that I bet if I get the chance to do another 1-rep max for the Back Squat that I will increase it. I'd like to get to 150 or something, but we'll see. (PS, don't tell me if you think 150 pounds is not that much weight. K? K.)

For more 5 Favorites, go visit Moxie Wife!

1 comment:

  1. 150 sounds like a LOT to me! I'd like to try CrossFit. I can only stay motivated if I'm in a class, I'm not very self motivated.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)