Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

July 16, 2013

Happy Birthday, Sarah!

I'm not sure I could say much more than I've said before about my first-born. She turned 10 and I about cried writing about that. Then she turned 11 and we were no worse for the wear.

Now she turns 12. One lone, last year before the 'teens. Yikes! How did we get here so fast?

What I will say is...she has grown up so much in the last year.

Physically -- just take a look at the outdated pictures in my header (which were taken about a year ago) and then look at these...

She is getting taller!

Twelve

Birthday Card from Gammer and Grandad!

 Lately, I have been balancing a new kind of relationship with Sarah. I'm still the parent, of course, but we talk more and she helps more without me asking her to do so. We get an extra hour or so each night after the other kids are in bed and we read or we watch movies or we just talk. She loves to tell me about funny parts of books or movies...or the latest "Dance Moms" episode she's watched.

Happy Birthday, Sarah! I love you more than you could ever know!


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sarah!!! :) Being a big sister is hard work, along with being a daughter...a friend....and a responsible young person. You are doing it in fantastic fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make having a teenage daughter sound like such fun. I have two daughters who are still babies and I look forward to the bonding we will experience in the coming years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post and the maturing relationship you are sharing with Sarah as she matures!

    Happy birthday sweet girl!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)