Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

September 2, 2013

Monday Mumbles - 54

Happy Labor Day! I hope you are fortunate to have the day off work. My husband does not get the day off work...for any holiday...ever. I love working somewhere that I get them off, though.

1. Pretty low-key weekend around here. We went out to dinner for Dani's birthday Friday night. I got a sitter for the boys, but they had a great time with that. It was fun to be able to go out and put the kids at one end of the table and the adults at the other. :)

2. Saturday was our final trip to Oceans of Fun, the water park side of the amusement park in town. This year I was surprised to find that to be the more fun side of the park for our whole family. Vincent doesn't have to sit in the stroller and both boys can play in the kid play area very well. The girls enjoy the slides and things. I got both boys to go down a few times on some mild slides (built for moms/dads to help their kids get over their fears). We spent a few hours there and fun was had by all. Dani and Helen even ran into a couple of friends they hadn't seen in awhile!


3. So, I didn't slack AS MUCH last week because I attempted at least two runs. The first one went well. The second one...not so much. I'm going to try and get something in this afternoon, I think.

4. Yes, I slacked and didn't get out of bed this morning. Something about having the ability to sleep in makes me...want to execute.


5. Sarah fixed everyone who wanted it French Toast for breakfast this morning! How cool is it to have a kid old enough to fix a breakfast like that and clean it all up afterward?

6.I began reading "The Giver" this weekend. This is the book Sarah's class is currently reading. It's a fast read (I'm currently on Ch. 12 and I just started it last night.) I'm quite intrigued at the premise of the book. Anyone else out there read it?

7. We had "back to school" night Thursday to meet teachers, find out how the classrooms are organized and all that jazz. It was fun. AND the first time both Craig and I could go so we could split up and hit all kids' classrooms. Fun!


8. It's a lot of fun to watch Dominic and Vincent play together. Vincent looks up to Dominic -- just like all the younger kids do to the one immediately older than they -- and wants to do whatever he does. It's very cute. And then sometimes Vincent runs up to Dominic and says, "Hug!!" and plows him over because Dominic is not ready for it. It's pretty comical.

9. I had lunch with my Mentor at work last week. I think my boss was absolutely correct when she said she thought this woman would challenge me. I'm not sure my idea of challenge is exactly the same as my boss's but regardless -- I think it will be an interesting ride.

10. We are headed to Craig's mom's house for a late lunch. I hope I can take Sarah to the mall down there so she can use one of her birthday gift cards (that store isn't in the Northland anywhere).


Here's a little picture of Dominic I snapped this weekend at a friend's birthday party:


Have a great Monday!
 

4 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great rest of the day off! I'm working, but I'm done early and have a long lunch break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Giver is a great book for children, though a more than a little intense. Warning - get to the scene about the baby twins before she does. It will a bit of shocker for her to read, but a great time to talk to her about the sanctity of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel lazy, cuz I slept in & took a nap.. Benefits of the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #5 is VERY cool. :)

    We did nothing restful yesterday. One of these days we really have to take Labor Day. Then again we were down at my in-laws Thurs-Sat., and there was a lot of pool play, so that counts, I guess. Although the pool isn't restful for me with 4 kids. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)