Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

September 10, 2013

Monday (I know...) Mumbles - 55

I didn't have Monday off this week and I also didn't write anything. But then I thought...I still want to do a Mumbles and decided it's okay to mumble on Tuesdays. Sometimes. when I feel like it. :)

1. This morning, I sneezed in the car on the way to drop Vincent off at daycare. He said, "Gah Besh You, Mom-ma" and I about melted. So cute.

2. Ah, 2nd grade! Helen is my third child to go through 2nd grade. I have always believed that 2nd grade is where the rubber meets the road...and it's okay to have a more strict, maybe less grandmotherly teacher at this point because the kids are in the process of becoming bigger kids during this year. But I also never had a kid affected by the teacher's lack of affectionate ways, either. Until my Helen, that is. I don't think it's a huge deal, and I had prepared her all summer for the new experience 2nd grade would be, trying to get her to stop crying/whining so much or needing so much affection. But, alas, Helen just needs that more than Sarah and Dani, I think.


3. Therefore, Helen and I had a moment this morning where she explained to me something that had happened the day before that brought tears to her eyes. Oh, my little sweetie. Well, I reminded her that she's a "bigger" kid now and to remember that her teacher has to get her ready to be a big big 3rd grader next year, so I will try to give her extra hugs and affection at night if she needs it, but to "buck up" at school and don't get too upset.

4. So, I'm having surgery on Sept 19. And honestly, I need to lay off the running for a bit after the surgery and all. So...I've kind of laid off the running the past week anyway. Goodness! What is wrong with me!?!?


5. Yes, prayers are quite welcome for the doctor, nurses and that the surgery goes well and does what it is supposed to do.

6.I'm so proud of Sarah and a friend of hers! They want to have a talent show at school, so they put a proposal together over the weekend (poster, outline...all that jazz) and met with the principal yesterday. The principal approved their idea and now they have a plan in place. What a great show of initiative!!

7. I really tightened up my privacy settings on Facebook last week. I'm glad I did it, but I didn't realize that by limiting the profile of who sees my posts, I basically agreed for their posts not to show up in my News Feed anymore. So I just have to go to their Timelines to see any updates. I'm still in decision mode as to whether I like this or not.

8. I am reading Henry Huggins by Beverly Cleary with Helen right now. I think she likes the book. I loved Beverly Cleary when I was a kid. Sarah and I read lots of Beverly Cleary books when she was in 2nd grade. Dani was NOT into them at all -- she liked these fairy books and she hated reading with someone else (she's a speedy reader, so I think it frustrates her). But Helen and I started Henry Huggins the other night. I look forward to reading more of these with Helen. They are fun books!!

9. Speaking of books, I finished "The Giver" last week in less than 24 hours. Fantastic book. Quite intense. AND I found out it's part of a series and that Sarah's class will read other books from this series in her class. Score!!
10. I don't mind the heat too terribly much, but I do like September to feel like -- um, September. So, I hope fall is on the way, soon!!

Thanks for the positive comments left on my post Friday. It was something that's been weighing on my mind, and I'm glad I shared it, although, I'm always a little surprised after I do something like that. I think I get surprised that I share like that on my blog. But, it was a discernment process, it opens me up to thoughts/opinions on all sides, but in the end, we feel very comfortable with our process and the fact that we believe we can "be there" for our kids as they continue to grow up. And, a couple pics of my boys for your Tuesday morning:

Vincent in his shades...

Who is this masked man...? LOL


Have a great Tuesday!
 



1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for you as you approach and recover from your surgery. I will have to check out The Giver now. I've always heard of it, but never read it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)