Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

October 4, 2013

7 Quick Takes - 64


A great big thank you to Jennifer Fulwiler for hosting!

--- 1 ---

It is time. Time to order a headstone for Gregory's place at the Cemetery. Gosh, Tuesday was 7 months since we delivered him and tomorrow is 7 months since the burial. I am really glad I had enough going on in my brain in the weeks following all of that to call and ask them to send the paperwork to order, but truth be told...I just didn't have it in me to look at it and pick something out until after the due date passed in July. It's just that I never thought I'd have to pick something like a headstone out for a child. And...well, it ain't cheap either...and we're not exactly rolling in dough here. But...we've scraped enough together for the initial payment, so I'm sending that in. I guess I am hoping the prices haven't changed as I now see that they are only guaranteed for 30 days from 4-10-13. Oh well, we'll get the process started and hopefully have the remaining funds when we need to have them to get it placed. When we visited Gregory's grave the weekend of his due date, it was a little disheartening that we weren't entirely sure where he was (although, I think we ultimately figured it out) so I really really need to get this done.

--- 2 ---

On a happier note: my 2-week follow-up from surgery was good. He says it is okay to start walking and maybe in about 10 days or 2 weeks I can start running again. Yay!!

--- 3 ---

Oh! Remember how we had to stop crossfit a couple months ago? Well, Craig and I really really missed it, but honestly...we just cannot afford the membership for both of us. While messaging with my friend Rebecca from Shoved to Them a couple weeks ago, she suggested I offer to do something for the Box in return. For example, she redid the website for her gym in exchange for membership. But...who am I kidding? I can't do THAT!! But she offered the suggestion that perhaps I could clean the bathrooms or something regularly. Now THAT I can do. I wasn't sure if they'd go for it or what options there were, but you never know if you don't ask, right? (BTW -- go check out Rebecca's post from Wednesday, you will NOT be sorry :) )

Anyway, it turns out that if Craig and I clean the bathrooms and equipment in the gym once a week, we can get our couples membership going again for trade! How exciting is that?!? I am super-pumped. Of course, I can't get back to lifting until November, but we are going to start Sunday and Craig can go back and I might see what I can do scale wise after another couple weeks. But yay!! Crossfit!!!
 
--- 4 ---

Remember last week when I was gushing over Sarah's chapter she wrote for her assignment when her class finished "The Giver"? Yeah...I'm kind of a proud mama, I know. But anyway!!

When I discussed Sarah's creative writing assignment for school with my brother recently, he told me about a website where Sarah could dabble in publishing stuff she's written. He said he'd buy it (haha, you're on the hook now, Uncle Mike!) if she would self-publish on this site he told me about.  I had no idea stuff like this was out there! And...it's just a chapter and pretty simple stuff, so it seems like the perfect format for something on lulu <dot> com.

So...we dabbled on lulu <dot> com last night. If you have $3.49 and want to read what she wrote, CLICK HERE. If you choose to read it, you probably would have wanted to read the book "The Giver" first to have any idea where the story left off to understand where she picks it up. She's 12, of course, so it's written like a 12-year-old, but I thought it was pretty good for a 12-year-old (yes, I know, I am her mother and I'm supposed to think that anyway).


--- 5 ---

I took one of the plants we received when Gregory passed away to my office this week. It definitely adds a little something. Now to remember to water it regularly! I'm actually amazed we've kept both plants alive to this point...Craig and I are not very good at keeping plant life going.
 

--- 6 ---

Tonight is Late Night in Allen Fieldhouse. Officially, basketball season will start. I know football is still going on and KU really needs to win their football game this weekend. But, being the true Jayhawk that I am, I know that with basketball right around the corner -- it just doesn't matter what happens in football. :)

Looking forward to some Rock Chalk Jayhawkin' this year!
--- 7 ---

I actually posted every weekday again this week. That's two weeks in a row. And that's just crazy talk! I'm glad to have some of these linkups that help inspire SOME-thing regularly!

    Have a great weekend and be sure to go check out Conversion Diary for more 7 Quick Takes Posts!

     

    4 comments:

    1. I am happy that you get to do crossfit for trade !!

      ReplyDelete
    2. That is so cool about Crossfit! They do some of that at Jazzercise here too but I don't know how it works, exactly.

      The first take was just heartbreaking. So hard to imagine. Hugs.

      ReplyDelete
    3. That's so great the Crossfit works out! And I'm so excited that it's Late Night tonight.... even though I'm a bad fan and didn't even know that until I was reading your post!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Seriously, I'm amazed about Crossfit, too!

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)