Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

October 21, 2013

Monday Mumbles - 59

It's another Monday. I just counted and I only have to work on 8 more Mondays in 2013. Part of me thinks, Whoa...almost to the end of the year. The other part of me thinks, Woo-Hoo!!! only 8 more Mondays. I really don't think the end of this year could come fast enough, to be honest.

1. First things first: Chiefs are 7-0! Very exciting here in Kansas City. It's nice to have a football team that is winning.

2. From Sunday (last) through Sunday (yesterday), I ran 15.7 miles! I'm excited to get back to a routine again. I can't lift until after my 6-week check-up, but I think that will be just in time.

3. I have been cleaning at the Crossfit gym this month and Craig went back to working out there this week. I can't wait to get back to it. I am starting today with the grain-free, dairy-free and legume-free deal again. I just have to. And I just really need to brainwash myself to believe that I will die if I eat flour and sugar and potatoes. I'll let you know how that brainwashing goes, though.

4. Oh my. Vincent is a crazy dude. Literally. I just can't stand it. He makes me question my parenting like none of the other kids did. And he's only 2. What, oh Lord, am I in for???

6. Back to this grain-free, dairy-free, legume-free stuff: one of the hardest things is food days at work. I just need to have the willpower not to participate. I know that. But then, I don't want to offend people by NEVER participating. Sigh. I suppose I need to strike a balance somehow. 

7.Halloween is just not doing it for me this year. I can't seem to get in the mood.

8.When we discipline Vincent, Dominic gets very protective of him. It's sweet. But unfortunately, for Vincent, doesn't help him much. We do timeouts and such, and Dominic literally gave me the stink-eye over it one time this weekend and told me to "stop being mean to his brother!!"




9. Nothing is more frustrating than working really hard on the budget and having something bust it.

10. I don't really have much else to say, so I hope you have a good day. :)

Recent Photo I got of my two oldest girls


Have a great Monday!!

3 comments:

  1. The only thing that gets me to walk away from some of the stuff in the break room is thinking about how I feel after I eat it.... But I am currently reading blogs while eating a pumpkin dessert, so there's a good chance that I'm not the person to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should add that it's gluten free and dairy free! But also not sugar free, fat free and grain free....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really should have read this before we had lunch last week, huh? Next time, tell me and we'll both get salads! I mean...I'm not OPPOSED to them. Usually. And just keep hope that Vincent will get a little better each and every year. My special child did, and is. Or I've just become very tolerant and don't realize he's worn me down...?? I never thought of that possibility until JUST NOW. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)