Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

November 20, 2013

Weight Watchers Wednesday (3)

Let's get the report out of the way first. Thankfully, the lack of focus on tracking didn't hurt me too badly on the scale last week. I posted a loss of 1.4 pounds. Therefore, I have a total weight loss now of 6.4 pounds. So that's the good news.

The bad news is, I haven't had as good a week with tracking again. And this week, I don't have all the extra exercise to balance it out. Therefore, I'm a little anxious about the weigh-in tomorrow. But, I need to the accountability, so I'll be there...part of me is really hoping more for a no-change than a gain, but it is what it is, I guess.

Sarah had volleyball matches last Thursday, so no workout there. I did make it to run over my lunch break on Friday, but then I slacked off all weekend. Monday, I made it to crossfit, so that is good. But then Tuesday, I settled only for 30+ minutes on the elliptical at the Y. As for today, I am going to try and get to Crossfit again, or at least a run over lunch. Maybe both if I am brave enough. 

The focus of the week was slowing down. Well, that's the focus this whole month. I can't say I'm doing really well with this. It's hard when it seems I grab so many of my meals on the run. But I plan to have a more focused effort this coming week, especially with Thanksgiving.

A challenge will be going to the movies this weekend. I love movie theater popcorn. I know it's really bad for you, but I really love it. I am not going to promise that I won't get some...but maybe I'll stick to the small bag and try to go really SLOW with it. 

Another challenge is that I am going out with friends on Saturday night to celebrate the fact that I turned 40 this year. Just dinner and drinks out with a few ladies. I want to try and focus mostly on conversation and time with them and not so much on the food. We'll see if I can do that.

My goals for the coming week:
1) Track everything
2) 5 servings of vegetables daily
3) slow down!
4) four days of exercise at least

Hope you have a great week!!

 

2 comments:

  1. We all have bad weeks! And come on... it's your 40th birthday celebration- don't stress too much! And how often do you have movie theater popcorn? Have fun this weekend!

    Uh oh.. am I being one of those people they talk about in WW meetings that hinder success? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so when I successfully did WW, here's how I "cheated":
    1) I never subtracted my exercise points from my daily points
    2) I would choose 2 times a week to splurge and not track my points.

    So, my exercise points would go towards one splurge, and my extra weekly points would go towards the other splurge. Otherwise I kept within my points for the day, exercised as normal, and it all worked out!

    Good for you!! (Not that I think you need to lose any weight!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)