Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

November 27, 2013

Weight Watchers Wednesday (4)

It's another Weight Watchers Wednesday!

This week I decided to try and journal the week on my blog post to keep me more accountable. First of all, the weigh-in and meeting went well. I weighed in and lost 1.0 pounds. After a week where tracking had been spotty and I worried I hadn't exercised like I should, I was very pleased.

The meeting was "The Great Plate" meeting where they go over how many points certain things are at Thanksgiving. My beloved slice of pumpkin pie with 2 Tbsp whipped topping is 14 points. So...I'm going to plan around that because I really want that pie!! The tip I took away from the meeting was that I shouldn't take a bite of something just to try everything. And if I don't really like it, don't eat it. Spend my points eating things I will enjoy and I won't get needless points from dishes that aren't really my favorite. I'm hoping for a weight loss the week after Thanksgiving -- I know I can do it!! 

This woman...

Photo Found Here
...inspires me


Thursday's food choices were good. I had a banana for breakfast and brought a big container of lettuce and cucumber for lunch. I added from the cafeteria salad bar -- green olives, a few cherry tomatoes, a boiled egg, some feta cheese and dressing. I also drank a Diet Coke with lunch. My snack was 15 of the Baked! Lays crisps (3 points!). I also got some exercise in while Dani was at swim practice -- I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and then rowed 1000 m on the erg (that's a rowing machine). After that, I ate some plain greek yogurt with raspberries, a couple slices of pizza (total 8 points on that) and a Smart Ones Breakfast sandwich. I was kind of throwing it together since it was late.

Friday wasn't too bad, either. I got 30 minutes on a stationary bike over lunch and Subway for lunch (after a Smart Ones breakfast entree). I took Dani to swim practice and had a late supper. Saturday was a bad bad day food-wise. Craig made me a breakfast sandwich, then I had lots of movie popcorn when I took Sarah to see Catching Fire. and Saturday night....oh my! When I tracked it finally on Monday night, I was floored at the number of points. yikes! Sunday wasn't as bad, but it wasn't really great either.

Monday, I was back on track...both with food choices and tracking! I also got to Crossfit that eveing. On Tuesday, I also tracked all my food and stayed within my daily PointsPlus target AND got exercise (5000m on the rower).

I will not be able to weigh in this week. Since Thanksgiving is a Thursday, there is no meeting at work. And I just can't seem to figure out a time I can go to another meeting. This may change if I think I can make a Saturday meeting, but as of right now, I'm hoping to keep plugging away and see what the weigh-in next week will be.

So, Wednesday next week, you can find out if I weighed in or not. :)

UPDATE: I just realized this is week four, so it's been a month that I've been following weight watchers plan and I am down a total of 7.4 pounds (as of last week's weigh-in).

Have a great week!!



4 comments:

  1. Thanksgiving is always hard! Thankfully (but not for my tastebuds) my inlaws' big family Thanksgiving dinner is kind of gross.... Turkey is always dry and the mashed potatoes are blah. But I'm cooking dinner this year for my mom's family... so I'll cook everything how I like it. But I'll probably burn the turkey... so who knows how tracking will go this year!

    Great job on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job Michelle! Im truckin along with you! Enjoy Thanksgiving and try not to be too paranoid about points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! Yeah, I'm a little unhappy about the prospect of a LOT of food, and not as much working out, but really I just have to be smart about it and it will be no problem. I'm working on a plan for having some good gluten free and dairy free options on Friday, because I have Thanksgiving dinners on Thursday and Saturday. I think you mentioned something really key in just having the things you really want and not trying to have a little bit of everything. That's what I'm going to try for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started trying to lose weight right before this holiday season which is not good. I love food too much but I'm going to try to get out early tomorrow morning for a run. Maybe then I won't feel so guilty with what I eat.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)