Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

December 6, 2013

7 Quick Takes - 69



Thank you to Jennifer Fulwiler for hosting!

--- 1 ---
I'm sure I am not the first to say this: I'm so glad I was busy with our kids' Christmas program last night so I had no good reason to turn on the TV and perhaps catch any of The Sound of Music with Carrie Underwood attempting to pull off Maria Von Trapp. Hey, The Sound of Music, with Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer is my all-time fave movie. I just couldn't taint images in my brain with anything less.

--- 2 ---

The Christmas program was really good! It was Dominic's first and he was awesome. He remembered all the words and all the hand gestures. Even as they were being walked off the stage, he pulled up to the microphone and put his mouth all over it pretending he was using it...it was priceless. (okay, his mouth wasn't all over it really...it was just funny)



Watching him sing the songs made me tear up a bit, not going to lie. What is it about your preschooler singing Christmas songs in a group of other preschoolers? I tear up every time. Love it.

--- 3 ---

Cool part about having a responsible 12-year-old? You can leave your Destructo-Tot 2-year-old with her and go enjoy your other kids in the Christmas program.

I knew I'd find reasons to enjoy my kids growing up.
 
--- 4 ---

Sarah's class is reading C.S. Lewis, The Magician's Nephew. I love watching her write out her answers to the questions. So much stuff to pack into an answer. I said, "Why are you writing so much? Did you copy the book?" Sarah replied, "No mom...Sister grades so hard that you want to put all the details in that you can think of so she's happy." Oh. Okay.


--- 5 ---

Well, my workout days streak ended. Yesterday, work kept me from getting home at 5:15 with enough time to get some kind of workout in. So 10 days in a row. I think I'll just start another one and try to beat that this time!

--- 6 ---

Brrr. It got awful Antarctica around here pretty quick! We were in the 60's earlier this week and the high today was only something like 25. This is not. okay. with. me. I have found that turning 40 has made me decide it's not worth it to run in really cold weather. I just don't care to do it and I'll figure something else out. I just can't hack the cold like that!

--- 7 ---

Happy St. Nicholas Day! I felt bad...due to the Christmas program and the chaos that surrounds that, I totally didn't get the kids in gear for it this year. No shoes hanging out waiting for some candy. Sigh. Oh well, maybe next year.


Enjoy your weekend!

Be sure to go check out Conversion Diary for more 7 Quick Takes Posts!

 


3 comments:

  1. Glad the Christmas program went well.
    We actually decided to push the observance a night ~ I talk to the kids about St Nicholas tonight and have them put their shoes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice that you actually got to enjoy the program! Yeah, my workouts are not on the great side either. I did great early in the week, but we go hit by the cold too, and I got hit by some little bug. Not enough to stay home from work, but enough that I don't feel the extra energy to work out. Good luck to you, and I'll work on getting back to it, too... But I have to tell you that you can overtrain, too. There've been studies that show maximum results come from 5-6 days of working out (but you can take that with a grain of salt because I don't remember any of them right now.) The point being that you're body needs a rest day to recuperate.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)