Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

December 11, 2013

Weight Watchers Wednesday (6)

Well, what a week. I've been kind of quiet because it's been kind of crazy around here!

First of all, I was SO EXCITED about my weigh-in last week. Before I tell you about it...remember that I was on a streak of 9 days (which turned into 10) in a row of exercising and earning at least 5 or 6 activity points each time. I also tracked every single day and stayed within my points other than Thanksgiving day. Oh yeah and remember I weighed in on Saturday and not Thursday, due to Thanksgiving day. So...I expected to be down a little, but something slight like maybe 0.8 or something since it wasn't a full week from my last weigh-in.

I was down 2.6 pounds! OMGosh, I even said, "Holy crap, are you kidding?" as my leader wrote the number down. That means I hit my 5% and I crossed the 10 pounds lost mark. I was really excited. It was not lost on me that tracking every day helped me. And surely all the working out did, too.

And my streak actually ended after Wednesday last week, too, because work went crazy and then the kids had their Christmas program on Thursday evening. But, I guess a rest day isn't so bad.

Then this week got crazy on Friday. I spent the weekend dealing with illness at home which threw off my focus all the way through Monday. I tried to get my focus back on Tuesday, but I think it was only partial since I didn't track. But I did get a workout in (my first workout since Friday mid-day) with a treadmill run while Dani was at swim practice.

Oh! and Friday's workout was fun. I made a goal to get my time for a 5000 meter row under 20 minutes by March 1. A couple of weeks ago, I did it on the erg at the Y in 21:50. Then on Tuesday last week, I did it in 21:50 again. Now, the erg at the Y is ... well, it's really old and rickety. There's a downtown gym where I purchased a punch pass (20 visits for $80) that has a really nice erg. So, I decided to do my rowing workout Friday over lunch and I did my 5K on the erg in 21:20 -- so I took off 30 seconds!! so, I just need to keep working. We do a lot of rowing at crossfit now since it's so cold and no one likes running in the cold (at least I don't and it doesn't seem a lot of other people do either). We actually did a 500m "max effort" row last week and I did it in 1:54 which is really not too shabby, if I do say so myself.

Okay, enough of the bragging on my workouts. :) 

I'll be interested to see how the scale looks tomorrow. I worked out Friday and Tuesday. I am planning to workout today. Maybe the stress of caring for our house over the weekend negated any bad choices I made food-wise, who knows? Oh well, I guess we'll find out!


3 comments:

  1. Yay!! Way to go - keep it up :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome! And all that hard work has earned you some bragging rights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I am totally a fan of daily tracking. It's taught me things about cyclic variance that I would never, ever have known otherwise.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)