Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

January 10, 2014

7 Quick Takes - 72



Thank you to Jennifer Fulwiler for hosting! 



--- 1 ---
The last time I wrote QT, the kids were letting out for Christmas. I've been slacking! But it's been pretty busy...the holidays are over, we had crazy cold and snowy weather and 2 snow days at the beginning of the week. But now the kids are back in school, thank goodness!

--- 2 ---

Did you see this article about how Cardinal Burke has said Nancy Pelosi should not be admitted to Communion until she ends advocacy views on abortion. Now, I saw a great comment on facebook with regard to this. Someone posted in the thread where I saw this article: "Is this binding? Or just an acknowledgment of what has been true for a long time, but she has blatantly ignored?" Hmm, good question. Burke's words are strong though noting that what he said is not his "opinion" but actual canon law (Canon 915). 

I don't anticipate that Nancy Pelosi would do the right thing and simply refrain from presenting herself...so there is still the predicament of pastoral care, right? I mean...if she presents herself, it's not that likely a priest is going to refuse her. At least that's what I think.

--- 3 ---

Okay, I know it's not Weight Watchers Wednesday...but...I LOST 6.2 POUNDS LAST WEEK! Holy Moly! I was so excited at my weigh-in yesterday. So...I'll give a little more detail in next Wednesday's post, but ... YAY!!!
 
--- 4 ---
Downton Abbey started last Friday. I really love that show! Sarah and I watched it and were happy with some developments, peeved at others. I enjoyed this breakdown by Heather at Mama Knows, Honeychild. To think I didn't let this wonderful show into my life until October of last year! Oh well, I am up to speed now. :)


--- 5 ---

Do you watch "The Biggest Loser"? I have a girl crush on Jillian Michaels. I would love to get her to be my trainer for a month. Holy smokes!! Well, anyway, they have these workouts they call their "last chance" workouts. It's their last workout each week before weigh-in and surely, they know, that one workout won't make or break their weigh-in, but they go after it like it will. And I have been doing that with my Wednesday Crossfit workouts. It's a totally different mindset and I like how it changes my intensity.

--- 6 ---
Furthermore (on that topic) I have also started doing planks on my nights at the Y (when Dani has swim practice). I set my timer on my phone for 5 minutes and I plank for a minute, rest for a minute until it gets to zero. This means 3 minutes of planks and 2 minutes of rest. On my third one last night, I wanted so bad to just give up when I had 20 seconds left -- but I closed my eyes and thought what Jillian Michaels might yell in my face if I put my knees down. It worked...I kept it up until the end.

--- 7 ---
My beloved Jayhawks are 1-0 in conference play! They played a nice offensive game on the road the other night and stepped it up a bit better defensively, too. Tomorrow is the first showdown with the in-state rival, Kansas State. I always get nervous for this game. Well, truth be told, I get nervous for every game...crazy, I know! But, I'm hoping the newfound intensity on defense can increase and that they never have an offensive output like last Sunday ever again! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!! GO KU!!

FUNNY VINCENT FACE :)
Be sure to go check out Conversion Diary for more 7 Quick Takes Posts!

 






5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss, most excellent!
    Yay Downton Abbey! Off to read the recap now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6.2 is amazing! And congrats n getting in those jeans. Heather's recap cracked me up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6.2 is AWESOME! Way to crush it! I love Biggest Loser as well, and I like how you're using it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still a season behind on Downton. Keep bringing them in from Netflix, but anyway...

    Re workouts/planks: I wince to think of that much planking. I'm impressed.

    Re Burke & Communion: this is really touchy, and has been & will probably be a topic of conversation for years to come. I'm nervous about advocating for refusing Communion to people. If we start doing that where do we draw the line? There are many people going to Communion with serious sin on their consciences--people who don't see their behavior as sinful. We need to point out the error--definitely. But refusing Communion? It makes me very, very uncomfortable. I'm inclined to let God sort it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't get PBS and I'm stressing about how I can watch Downton!!!

    Congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)