1. Well, the Playoffs were rather anti-climactic for my team. Boo. I was very sad they let off the gas a little and that the Colts came back to beat them. But...it's typical Kansas City fodder, I suppose.
2. My Jayhawks did nothing to salvage my weekend, sports-wise, either. Man, KU had a brutal non-conference schedule this year. I feel like there was never a game where they could cut loose and have a little fun. Oh well. Hopefully this prepares us for the brutal conference season. Yes, I used the adjective, "brutal," again. Sue me.
3. At least K-State is good for one thing -- they beat Oklahoma State in their conference opener. As I told Sarah, though, this means one bad thing -- K-State is better than I thought (hoped) they would be. But the good thing is -- Oklahoma State is 0-1 in conference play. So there's that.
4. I got to go to the KU game Sunday with Sarah. We had fun, even though they lost. I am glad we shared the time together.
|It was so cold -- Sarah still had her hat on!! :)|
6. Highlight: AS the girls came in for a time-out midway through the 3rd quarter, Helen says to me: "That girl I am guarding is rude. She said, 'I'm ignoring you!'" I just told her, "That's funny...because it seems to me she CAN'T ignore you! You're playing such great defense on her!! You're bothering her...that's why she said that."
Love my Helen.
|Taken before the game|
8. I think Craig and I figured out we are the oldest people who attend the Crossfit gym we go to. By quite a few years, even. I think I've decided to feel proud of it that I am doing this stuff that all these young people are doing. :)
9.Winter is NOT my favorite.
10. I am ready for summer.
Have a great Monday!!