January 29, 2014

Weight Watchers Wednesday - 12

Oh Happy Day. I get to post this Wednesday that I reached my 10% goal last week! Yay!!

The WW keychain and 10% charm
I had had a pretty stellar week as far as tracking and working out went, so I was really happy to see it reflect on the scale.

Here's a recap:
10/31/13 -- First Weigh-in Weight: 189.2 pounds and BMI was 29.6
11/28/13 (one month in) --   Weight: 180.4 (down 8.8 pounds) and BMI was 28.3
12/19/14 (last recap post)-- Weight: 176.2 (down total of 13.0 pounds) and BMI was 27.6
1/23/14 (almost three months in) -- Weight: 170.0 (down a total of 19.2 pounds) and BMI is 26.6

Also, I got the results from my bloodwork at my annual physical and my total Cholesterol, HDL, LDL and Triglyceride levels were all "at goal." My Thyroid test was normal, too. I'm so excited that all of that is doing well. My blood pressure was 110/78 which is a lot better than it had been (usually around 122/80 or so).

All the other times, getting to 10% was actually the kiss of death for any further weight loss. I don't know what was wrong with my head those times, but I often couldn't keep tracking, slowed down on my workouts...or you know, got pregnant or something! Getting pregnant is easy for me at the weight I am now (or within five pounds up or down). I don't mean that to sound unapologetic...it's a simple fact. As another matter of fact, my body produces fertility signals way better at this rate and NFP is much easier, too. (Note: I do have a post brewing on this topic because I think there's a lot to be said for being at a healthy weight when managing fertility--whether trying to avoid, trying to conceive or not trying to do anything...just monitor fertility and weight is a sensitive subject that many people don't want to touch.)

so my focus this week was to keep on going! Keep on tracking. Keep on working out. Keep planning to attend meetings...even after I hit the Lifetime threshold...the meetings are really important for me to have accountability.

This week was awesome in the workout department. I am still on my streak of work-out days. as of yesterday's workout(s) I am at 16 days in a row of doing some sort of workout. I continue to hit the Crossfit box on at least Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I swam laps on Saturday, got another run outside with our awesome warm weather on Sunday, Workouts at the Y on Tuesday and Thursday nights, including my push-up app and I continue to increase my planking time. This week I had the opportunity to get to Crossfit on Tuesday (the earlier session) and then I also ran 2 miles on the treadmill at the Y, did my pushup app and planks. So...getting plenty of activity points going!

Food wasn't horrible, but I had a wretched day on Sunday. For some reason I was hungry all day long. I wanted to snack -- cheese, crackers, peanut butter...you name it, I wanted it and I actually had some of it. The good news is that I tracked everything. Also, last Thursday was "Taco Night" at our house and I snarfed...a lot. However, I do still have 10 Flex points remaining in my POints allowance, so I suppose all is not lost. haha.

I suppose it's time for a photo...please ignore the fact I have no makeup on...I'd already cleaned up after my workouts last night!

I can really see a huge difference in face/neck area...

I am wearing a sweatshirt...but that's okay...my mid-section is totally going to be the last thing to get "flat" if there is such a thing anymore for a mom of 5+1
BTW -- those jeans are my size 12's that are actually too big now, but I keep wearing them. I went through my closet this past week and I seriously do NOT have enough pairs of pants that I can get rid of the too-big ones yet! ughhh, you know?

Oh well, tomorrow's another weigh-in. I have tempered expectations due to my Sunday snack-out, but maybe all the extra work I put in activity-wise will make up for it! Have a great week!







2 comments:

Meg Anderson said...

You look amazing! Congrats! Also, I cant wait for that post about NFP and weight, sooo interested in that!

Catholic Mutt said...

Nice job! You look great! What a great problem to have when your pants don't fit because they're too big. :) (Still a little annoying, though.)