Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

January 1, 2014

Weight Watchers Wednesday (8) - New Year's Day edition

I missed Christmas and I almost missed today, too. I guess that's what happens when holidays fall on my Wednesday!!


I wanted to do a little recap since this is #8. I'm happy with my progress, but want to keep moving forward! I'm sad to say I haven't been able to keep the workouts going at the pace I was due to my knee hurting a bit (overuse) and just the craziness of the holidays. I was happy to get to Crossfit Sunday, as I mentioned, but I went to the KU game at Allen Fieldhouse Monday and then (even though they added a 5:30 p.m. class on New Year's Eve!) I wasn't able to go on NYE because work was crazy and I got home just in time to go with my family to the Vigil Mass at 7:00 p.m. for the Solemnity of Mary Holy Day on January 1.

But, I did get mostly back on track, even though I didn't track it. I plan to get back on the tracking every day kick with my weigh-in day tomorrow!!

So, a recap:
on October 31, I weighed in at my first WW at work meeting at 189.2.
On December 19 (the last WW at work weigh-in for 2013) I weighed in at 176.2

I never took measurements like I ought to have, but I was wearing my size 14 work pants and jeans on October 31. And today, I am comfortably in size 12 (if I have to wear 14's because of laundry backup, they really are too big...and I realize I shouldn't wear them anymore).

Here was me at the start-- 189.2 pounds




I had Helen take a couple of pictures of me today -- last official weigh-in had me at 176.2 pounds. And...(Vincent wanted to join in)



Huh, maybe there's not much difference. But I can tell the difference 13 pounds off makes! I can do pull-ups with a band now at crossfit. I can do burpees much faster and in much larger quantities before a rest. I can run faster.

so...there it is. 8 Weight Watchers Wednesday posts later and I am down from size 14 to 12 and down 13 pounds.

I'm excited for our meeting tomorrow -- NOT because I will weigh in...not quite sure what to expect there, unfortunately. But because they will go over the "Simple Start" stuff that they've been doing in centers for a month now. I am looking forward to what they have to say about it.

Tune in next week! :)

1 comment:

  1. You might be crazy because there is definitely a difference. You look great, not that you don't always. Listening to you chat about CF has me ready to go back to boot camp. I think. I'm poised to send a text to the drill sarg. I think.

    Keep up the good work. You know how good it feels.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)