Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

January 15, 2014

Weight Watchers Wednesday (10)

Gah! another week is flying by!

well, on the off-chance you missed my post Friday about my weigh-in last week...I'll recap. I was down 6.2 pounds. Crazy!! I'm sure it was a bit of the back-on-track-losing-what-I-should-have-lost-before deal, but hey, any amount of DOWN on the scale is fine by me. As of weigh-in last Thursday, I was 0.4 away from hitting the 10% body weight lost goal. 

This week hasn't been horrible, but it hasn't been as good as the week before. First of all, at weigh-in, I found out I lost a point for my daily points total. I am down to 26 points every day which is as low as it goes for the weight loss phase. I'm sure it was psychological, but I was hungry ever since I found that out. Literally...I felt my stomach growling all day Thursday (after my meeting) and all day Friday and most of the day Saturday. I finally gave in on Saturday and Sunday and just ate stuff without tracking. This is not good.

Monday and Tuesday I got back on track by using some protein drinks I have available and reined in my eating and tracked. This is good.

I did my run on the treadmill last Thursday, plus some push-ups and planks. Then Friday, I made it to Crossfit -- where the WOD was...    wait for it ...  .... .... 100 Burpees for time! Yippee! (not) Actually, I find I don't mind the Burpees all that much because they are such effective calorie/fat burners. Anyway, a wrench was thrown in the whole deal because every 2 minutes we had to stop the burpees and do 5 pull-ups. So...it took me 12:39 to complete that workout.


I decided that a Friday workout like that earned me a whole weekend free of working out (and apparently I decided I should eat without tracking, too. Blah!) Monday found me back at crossfit, then on Tuesday, the Y was way too crowded for my liking, so I stuck with the elliptical and some planks. Tonight I'll hit Crossfit again for my "last chance" workout. :)

At the WW meeting last week, they went over the Simple Start program they are pushing. It's basically eating meals planned with power foods in mind and then you only have to track points for indulgences. I put a menu together for a week for me to try and I decided -- that I just have to stick with the Points Plus system and what i"ve been doing. First of all, my grocery bill would be ginormous. Secondly, I am too much of a "high volume" eater. That whole thing they say where your body tells you you're full? Yeah...I don't have that. And, honestly, I'm through trying to force my body to create it. My brain has to tell my body that it's full because I've eaten enough. That's just the way it is. 

So, I am hopeful for a continued downward trend tomorrow, but won't be surprised if it doesn't happen since I had that crazy drop last week. We shall see. 

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I have a love/hate with those types of workouts where you celebrate that you didn't die. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)