Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

February 21, 2014

7 Quick Takes - 76 -- A Very Special Birthday Girl Edition



Thank you to Jennifer Fulwiler for hosting! 



--- 1 ---

Sunday is my sweet baby girl, Helen's birthday! She will be 8  years old. Oh my. Let me say type that again: She will be 8 years old.

Do you see this precious 4-year-old here? The bottom pic was Helen's pre-K pic. She has such a sweet smile.







--- 2 ---

I've written before about the fact that I claimed Helen as "my baby" from the earliest onset of pregnancy. I prayed for her to be a "momma's girl." I loved the independence of my oldest and cherished the relationship my second-born had with her dad, but I wanted a child who had eyes only for me.

And...well, God answered that prayer 100 times over I think. :)



First day of pre-K four years ago


Playing with her little brother...


Sitting by a fountain


Such a good big sister -- reading to her brother
--- 3 ---
She has grown so much since then. Here is her Kindergarten pic:



--- 4 ---

Helen is in 2nd grade and therefore is in the midst of preparing for First Communion after having participated in First Reconciliation a month ago. Helen takes her preparation very seriously: she studies her questions and she successfully badgers her over-committed mom to work with her once a week. I couldn't be more proud of the fact that her teacher told us at Parent-Teacher conferences this year that she is a "hard worker." 

It made me proud because I was always described as a "hard worker" too and I love it that Helen has taken that trait and made it her own.
--- 5 ---
 Here are some recent pics from basketball season:





--- 6 ---
Being in 2nd grade also means the first year of eligibility to play basketball for St. Andrew's. Helen had so much fun playing with her friends and I think she grew to like the game of basketball. Like many kids her age, she could probably do without the running, but I also think she realized how critical that particular movement is to playing basketball well.
2nd grade basketball pic
--- 7 ---

So, Happy birthday baby girl! You are a sweet, sensitive, smart girl. Your face lights up my world. You are Amazing! And...I love you.






Be sure to go check out Conversion Diary for more 7 Quick Takes Posts!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)