Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

February 4, 2014

A Lack of Focus

When I hit my 10% goal a couple of weeks ago, I zoned in focus-wise, for that week. Every other time I have lost 10% of my body weight with weight watchers, I have struggled at that point and often stop focusing and gained the weight back. I am determined this time. But that doesn't mean I don't have to work to keep focused.

This week, I have lost my focus. I hate it. I'm still focused on my workouts, which will probably save me and it won't be as bad on the scale as it could be. But, food-wise, I have allowed the "munchies" to overtake my brain! 

I try to get re-focused every day and some days have been better than others. On Saturday, I swam in the morning and it did not help my focus for me to bring donuts home for the kids! I don't know why I do that...it's like a sick form of self-sabotage. Sunday, I went to the crossfit box and had a killer workout. I was SO HUNGRY when I got home, though, that I overdid it again! Then Monday hit and Snowpocalypse 2014 is all anyone can talk about and it gave me an itch to snack. So, again...my focus was gone. I made it the crossfit workout, but arrived home to see it had been "pizza night" and I have a really hard time turning pizza down...unless it's already put away (which it was not).

The thing is, I'll have to have a "bad" day on the scale Thursday to get my focus back, I fear. Oh sure, I'm going to try Tuesday. But...working from home and having the kids here since school is closed sure isn't going to help me out any. It's frustrating that I know myself well enough to know my focus probably won't re-register until Thursday. You'd think knowing that, that I could head it off. And...maybe I will...Tuesday is fresh and Wednesday hasn't arrived yet either. But, I don't have a lot of faith in myself with things like lack of focus during a week.

My last week that I lost focus was the week between Christmas and New Year's. The scale went up 1.2 pounds that week. No...not the end of the world, in the least. But...still the wrong direction, don't ya know?

What do you do when you lose your focus? How do you get it going again without having to wait on negative feedback?



2 comments:

  1. I tell myself a string of positive things to counteract the negative thoughts. I exercised today, I ate a cookie but not three, I ate many healthy things. Don't think of "being bad" or "doing badly," it's just the ebb and flow of life. None of us are perfect Weight Watchers followers all the time. If your friend ate donuts or pizza during the week, would you tell her negative things. No. You would focus on the positive things she did and encourage her to keep going. Forgive yourself as much as you would forgive others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to remind myself that it's not about what I can't do (i.e., go back and make better decisions, make all the right choices for today and the next day and the next few months- because, yes, I tend to get ahead of myself and panic about how I'm going to stay focused for the rest of my life), it's about what I can do. Things like make the right decision for this moment, have healthy snacks for when I'm hungry enough to eat off my arm after a hard work out (guacamole, I love you!), I can avoid compounding my not so great choices and so forth.

    I hope the weather straightens out for you soon, too! I know I eat more and exercise less on nasty weather days. Today is supposed to be my day for a killer hike... but it's too cold to safely hike, so I'm just running errands instead, and I've got the munchies, so I'm trying to make them go away with some hot tea and hopefully avoid some of the snacking that I don't need today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)