Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

April 27, 2014

Answer Me This - 2

I started writing some other post and then I completely remembered I was gonna do Answer me This again this week! :)


1. Do you hate happy clappy church music?

I don't hate it. But I don't like it within the liturgy. I love attending Gospel music performances or participating in happy clappy music outside of the Mass. But it just annoys me when it's used during the Mass. Was that the question? Oops.

2. What is your priority: eating or sleeping?

Hmm, tough one. I think I've grown into putting priority on sleeping. But for much of my life, eating has definitely been the higher priority. As you can see in my Weight Watchers Wednesdays posts...I have worked hard to put eating into its proper place.

3. What type of milk do you drink in your house?

Whatever is cheapest this week. I don't drink much milk. But anyway, usually, I see 2% milk in the fridge. But lately, I keep seeing Whole Milk in the refrigerator. I can only surmise it must be the better deal lately. But...I don't do the grocery shopping and I leave that to Craig (yes, it's okay, be jealous).

4. What is a book that changed your perspective on something?

The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith. It was part of an Honors Economics Seminar my freshman year of college. I think that time of life is big for figuring out your perspective on things you probably hadn't thought about before. I hadn't thought much about why I was a Democrat and FOR a lot of things that I am not FOR anymore (since reading that book). But, now I'm unaffiliated with a political party and I have different reasons for being FOR things than I did when I was 19. Growing in my Catholic faith has changed the way I look at a lot of things. So has the fact that I've struggled financially and sometimes it's been stressful to put food on the table and clothes on the kids. I've been thinking about reading The Wealth of Nations again so that I can see what 40-year-old me thinks of it. 

5. Who is your favorite saint?

Saint Pope John Paul II -- now that he has been canonized. I am also fond of St. Gregory the Great. And Mother Teresa. And I'm very fond of our Blessed Mother.

6. Introvert or extrovert?

Extrovert, with some introvert tendencies. I'm not one of those extroverts who is overly excited and energized by a crowd of people or the life of the party or anything. But, I am an extrovert. And my introvert tendencies are things like, avoiding answering the phone (I hate talking on the phone except to a few select people), taking my "me" time by myself and loving that, and being rather bookish (I love to read -- I would do that all the time if I could).

Linking up with Kendra at Catholic All Year today!

I leave you with a couple of pics of my boys. I got a day out with them yesterday and had a blast.
After shopping, I took them to Jason's Deli for lunch
(Momma's gotta get her salad!)
Oh and Dominic is cracking me up with the straw hanging
out of his mouth.
Dominic was playing and telling me how "fast"
his new shoes made him run

picture of said new shoes...
He was very happy to have new shoes. :)







1 comment:

  1. Wealth of Nations, wow. It would be interesting to go back and retread it now. I couldn't believe how much I had changed between the ten years I was in high school, and then teaching the literature I had read when I was a student. Sooo different.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)