Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

April 21, 2014

Monday Mumbles - 70

Happy Easter Monday! I have been looking forward to writing this post for a couple of weeks. Just to get back into the flow of blogging again. I am not sure how frequent I will be, but I'm going to try and do at least three posts a week. So...happy Monday and here goes...with some mumbles!!!

1. We had a great Easter. I never got into the Easter Egg Hunt mentality, myself, so I haven't ever made that a priority with my kids. It's just as well. They like getting their Easter baskets filled with some candy and other little things. I think.

2. As they've gotten older, of course, they are more aware that other kids get bigger type gifts in their Easter baskets. *sigh* I just tell them, "Well, this is how WE do it." I know that someday when they are raising their families, they will get it. (And "it" could be...the financial balance, or "it" could be ... the materialism bent and trying to avoid it with your kids, or "it" could be ... the fact that there's no way possible to do a "big" thing for all five kids at Easter AND Christmas and do it well. Whatever "it" is...I do hope they get it someday.)

3. Many prayers of thanksgiving going up as I found out that a dear friend has beaten breast cancer. That's two for two of dear friends in the past couple of years, so I am very grateful.

4. I am hopeful that the weather has finally turned the corner for the long-term and we're going to have spring and summer now. It was a long, long, long, ... long winter, I tell you. And I'm ready to kiss it goodbye!

5. Yesterday, I began wondering where the sentiment came from that the only way to appreciate a hostess' hard work was to eat the food prepared. I am sure it is an old fashioned thing. But as a grown woman who has taken on the tumultuous task of overcoming a problem with over-eating and such, it bugs me when people force my kids to eat something they don't like by throwing out, "I worked hard...you better eat it!" or something like that. *sigh* I am so much more aware of stuff like this since I've been doing the Weight Watchers thing and losing weight. I don't want to be made to feel as though I have disrespected someone if I don't clean my plate. I also don't want to start this horrible food issue in any of my children. Further...I have learned not to eat things I don't really appreciate (not worth the points, you know?) and so I can completely sympathize with my kids when they don't like something and would rather not eat it. Oh well, guess I'll need to mull that one some more.

6. I'm just going to share some photos from Easter and wrap this up, with a final note about how quickly my children are growing up. Sarah is quite a young lady (most of the time) and Dani has really started establishing her own "grow-up-now" pattern. Helen receives First Holy Communion in two weeks. Dominic is such a smarty-pants sweetheart. Vincent...well, Vincent WANTS to grow up faster than he is. Of course, he's still growing up entirely too fast, but it cracks me up to see how badly he wants to be bigger and be allowed to do big-boy stuff like Dominic (whatever that may be).


This girl -- pretty
My Dani-girl. This dress looks good on her!
She is excited to receive First Holy Communion in 2 weeks!!
This boy cannot do pictures. At all. But he is still cute.


Brothers!
This is what I get when I ask them if they love each other...haha


Vincent! This about sums him up
The kids with their Grandma
All Five of 'em...
Craig and me

2 comments:

  1. Weight watchers has a book about establishing healthy eating plans for your family. It was a great read and really address what you are talking about. I think it is called Family Power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos of the family! The one of the boys together makes me hear Chris Farley in my head, "Brothers gotta hug!"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)