Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

May 9, 2014

7 Quick Takes - 78 (Picture's Worth 1000 Words Edition)



Thank you to Jennifer Fulwiler for hosting! 


Lots of things to share in pictures this week!

--- 1 ---

Helen received First Holy Communion for the first time on Sunday. A friend was at the perfect angle to get this photo:
I made this the wallpaper on my computer at work. LOVE it.
--- 2 ---

After Mass, we got pictures of Helen with two of her close friends. What a special day!

Helen and her BFF, Chi Chi
Helen and her friend, Mary
--- 3 ---

Here are some other photos of note from the day:



All dressed and ready to head to the Church
Helen with her Daddy
all Five of 'em!
--- 4 ---

I've been doing #100happydays on Instagram and on Thursdays I can combine with a #tbt photo. I got this one yesterday -- from when Dominic was 3 years old.


My Dominic is such a happy guy -- always has been. We have Dentist appointments today and that kid was jumping around in the kitchen this morning and he said, "I'm just so happy we are going to the dentist today!"
--- 5 ---
 
Oh and I snapped this one when Helen was getting her hair done before First Holy Communion Mass:




I love how her whole face smiles :)

--- 6 ---

Well, as I mentioned last week...I was ready to cut the hair. And, I did! So...here's the before/after pic:

Holy Moly!
 
--- 7 ---

Here are some pics I've snapped so far...


At the salon before I left

Trying to get a profile view that worked...
I'm super happy with the way it turned out. I can't believe I went this red, but I have toyed with the idea silently for years. YEARS. And I finally decided to just do it! And I'm glad I did!!

Have a terrific weekend and be sure to go check out Conversion Diary for more 7 Quick Takes Posts!

PS: I am going to read Jen's book, Something Other Than God, but won't get to it in time to participate in her giveaway. I just got the book I put on hold from the library to read and then SOTG is on my list soon! I can't wait to read it and join the rest of you in your "ooh's" and "aah's" at our great friend Jen. :)

 

7 comments:

  1. Such beautiful photos of Helen's First Communion.

    And your hair!?!?! I LOVE it :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh your hair! What a change! It looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the red hair!!. Helen looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto on the first Communion pics. That's so interesting that she was at a Communion rail. Does everyone at your parish receive that way?

    And I LOVE the cut and the color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen is such a sweet and beautiful First Communicant! And I love the haircut!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the first communion pic is awesome!!! I am so proud of Helen. And.. You can pass for 25 with your new do... I LOVE it!!! wow!!! :-) you look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)