Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

May 20, 2014

Answer Me this - 4


This week Haley at Carrots for Michaelmas is hosting the Answer Me This linkup for Kendra at Catholic All Year. Apparently there's some European vacation thingy going on...wow, so jealous (okay, maybe not SO jealous. :) ) Anyway, I enjoy Haley's blog and am excited to participate this week and answer Haley's questions.

1. What's the scariest thing that has ever been in your yard?

Hmmmmm. We're city and suburb living folks, so nothing too crazy. Probably a garter snake or, no, no....I remember coming home to see a HUGE preying mantis on my door -- in my garage -- it was horrible. I am a huge bug freak. I don't like bugs of any sort and when I saw that darn thing just hanging out on the door that would go into my living room, I absolutely died really did a major freakout returned to my car promptly with my armloads of groceries and called my husband to awaken him to come and take care of it. Yikes!

2. Beards. Thums up or thumbs down?

Thumbs down from me. I like a clean-shaven, short-haired man. Always have. My dad currently sports a beard that makes him look like Santa Clause. It suits him, so I guess I'm okay with that. But any other beards...yuck.

3. If stuff breaks, can you fix it?

No. Sadly, my husband cannot fix most things either. It needs to be a pretty simple thing for us to repair stuff ourselves. I wish I were so talented, though. It would save me a lot of money.

4. What was your first car?

Well, the first car I drove was a Dodge Aries "K" car. My mom had purchased it as her first vehicle purchase after my parents divorced. She moved on to a minivan at some point and we still had that car and I drove it during high school.

The first car I purchased for myself was a 1983 Chevrolet Celebrity -- blue. It was a decent car, until the transmission started going right before it got totaled from a wreck (that was not my fault).

5. How often do you eat out?

More than I should. At work, lunchtime is a networking opportunity, so fairly often I meet people for lunch. And then...with the kids, ordering pizza or hitting a kid-friendly restaurant happens more often that I'd like to admit. so maybe...once a week or once every two weeks, depending on how well we've planned with groceries and activities.

6. Why is your hair like that?

Well, as my regular readers know, I've recently opined about my hair and changed it up a couple of weeks ago. My natural is a dishwater blonde, but I've gone blonde for a long time with my hair. Highlights, etc. I also grow my hair out and cut it short at times. I had been growing my hair out since 2011 when Vincent was born, so it had gotten pretty unmanageable.

Recently, I cut it short (leveled bob) and dyed it red. I have thought about going red for years. YEARS. I just wasn't sure I could pull it off. So, I finally just took the plunge and.............I LOVE IT! I have loved it since I had it done and every day I am happy with it. So, I think it's here to stay (for awhile). :)



 
Go check out other Answer Me This Posts by visiting Haley!

2 comments:

  1. I still love the transition from blonde to red. :)

    I don't feel guilty about eating out, because I'm usually much more self-conscious in public than when I'm noshing at home alone, haa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that bugs are the worst. I'd rather have a bear in my yard (and have).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)