Endless Strength Header

 photo blogheader-2.jpg

June 13, 2014

7 Quick Takes - 82



It's Friday! One of my favorite days of the week. Jen's taking a break and asked Kathryn at Team Whitaker to host the 7QT this week! Thank you, Kathryn!


--- 1 ---

Happy day! I called to update my membership status with Weight Watchers and found out that they would refund me the last charge because it was supposed to go for membership through June 27! Yay. Always nice to get some extra cash, right?

--- 2 ---

I was reading over the material they gave me for Lifetime Membership...
I pored over this to ensure I understood how Lifetime Membership
works -- I worked too hard to get here not to understand :)
 
I only have to weigh in one time a month, but the first time I weigh in during a calendar month is the weight I have to use. I can't come in on the first weigh-in of the month and be over 2 pounds away from the goal weight and then the next week, I am back at (or under) goal and use that weight.
 

--- 3 ---


However, on the back of those terms, here is what really stood out:
That last sentence (at the bottom) -- hmmmmm


You know how sometimes you'll see a success story typed up in a magazine about someone who has lost weight (either through WW or another program) and they'll put the disclaimer about results not being typical? That last sentence made me think of that.
 
"For many dieters, weight loss is temporary."
 
I have to tell you, that statement hit home with me. For me, weight loss has always been temporary. I've lost it until I've gotten pregnant again. Or I've lost it until...I gained it back. So, I am determined...DETERMINED to make sure I am not one of the many. I don't want to be unhealthy. I love the new strength I have found. I love wearing the clothes from the back of my closet (and getting rid of the too-big stuff!)
 
For Michelle Hughes -- this weight loss is permanent.
 
I know I can do it. I plan to do it. I refuse to allow my weight loss to be temporary this time.


(How do you like them apples?)

--- 4 ---

So -- My Facebook Page -- is at 94 "likes"! Please share it with your friends! :) I'd love to give this away...



I got a Holy Spirit Holy Card since Pentecost is Sunday

</hopefully my last shameless FB Page Plug for awhile>

--- 5 ---

Guess who had her first summer swim meet last night?!?


This Girl!
Isn't she just the cutest? I love my Dani-girl. She swam three events and did pretty well. I think we're going to work on pre-race focus and make sure she gets a good dinner early in the day for next time (then she won't snack so much while sitting around waiting for events, we hope).

Either way, I just really love to watch her swim. It was fun!

--- 6 ---

Have you ever had some event in your life that is pretty personal, so you've kept it pretty close to the vest, only to find out that at the last possible point someone could find out about it -- they did? And you don't 100% know they know about your personal event, but you are, like, 99.9% sure they must know about it.

Do you just trust that the person understands it's a personal matter and leave well enough alone, never alluding to it or asking about it? Or do you acknowledge to the person that you know they know about it and that you appreciate them keeping it to themselves?

Sorry to be so evasive. Considering it's a personal matter that I've worked pretty hard at keeping on the D-L, I'm obviously not going to hash THAT out here. Just wondering what I should do since I know that at least one person knows about it that I hadn't really banked on knowing.


--- 7 ---

It's Father's Day on Sunday! Any plans? My dad is far away, taking care of his sister while she undergoes surgery or something like that. But I hope to give him a call and wish him a happy day.

As for Craig, I'm not sure what the kids have cooked up. I guess we shall see...

Have a fabulous weekend!!



Please go visit Team Whitaker for more 7 Quick Takes Posts!

 

 

 




2 comments:

  1. Congrats again on achieving Lifetime status.
    Congratulations to Dani on swimming in her first meet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thus far in my life, weight loss has always been temporary. I lose 8, gain 5 and bounce all around. But I am at the weight I like, and I want to keep it here now. Not up or down, just where it is. I have started to view that as something that I work at as much as I had to work at losing weight. It seems to be working. But I love your statement and your determination!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I enjoy reading other perspectives, please feel free to share yours. :)